Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuen Growlithe View Post
    You know you could just as easily have called the thread "What the hell, USA???" or "What the hell, North Fort Myers???" Disturbed people show up all over and it doesn't make sense to single out any specific area unless you can show that there is a higher prevalence of them there. So far today I've learnt Tango has a thing against Florida and vegans and is quite happy to embrace confirmation bias.
    You say it like it's a bad thing. I'm originally from Florida so when I see stories like this in my home state it makes me shake my head. As far as vegans it's the self-righteous hipster ones (such as PETA) that I don't like. And since I started the thread I can title it whatever I damned well please, thank you very much! You want a different title then start your own fucking thread and quit bitching in this one.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #22

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Hey guys, please refrain from insulting each other or going too far off topic, otherwise this thread is likely to get locked. Thanks!

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Hey guys, please refrain from insulting each other or going too far off topic, otherwise this thread is likely to get locked. Thanks!

Good to go. Thanks for the warning. I'll try to refrain from that in the future.

Tango

Hey now! Florida is not that bad. :/ I mean I live here, hate it here cuz the heat, and would love to leave cuz it smells like old people....But don't go painting my state as a cesspool of 'insanity.' :/

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartii View Post
    Hey now! Florida is not that bad. :/ I mean I live here, hate it here cuz the heat, and would love to leave cuz it smells like old people....But don't go painting my state as a cesspool of 'insanity.' :/
    But...it IS.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    But...it IS.

I have to agree with Aleu. I lived in Florida for most of my life. It's not just beaches and Miami. You have a lot of redneck-flavored crazy floating around. Hell, the place I'm from is just know losing their grudge from losing the Civil War.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanita View Post
    Hell, the place I'm from is just know losing their grudge from losing the Civil War.
    This would put them ahead of most of the rest of the South.

Isn't Florida hella expensive to live in? At least the large cities?

Quote Originally Posted by aleu View Post
    but...it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanita View Post
    i have to agree with aleu. I lived in florida for most of my life. It's not just beaches and miami. You have a lot of redneck-flavored crazy floating around. Hell, the place i'm from is just know losing their grudge from losing the civil war.
    generalizations, generalizations everywhere

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    generalizations, generalizations everywhere
    Florida resident of 21 years here.

I fully expect to see a full-blown Florida civil war between elderly Hispanic Jews and face-eating drug zombies before this century is over.