Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Tango

What the hell, Florida???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...comm_ref=false

This plus the Bath Salts face eater is why I'm glad I no longer live in Florida.

Actually it's a lot less about any state in particular and more about the prevalence of mental illness in this country. Lots of people out there who need medical attention that can't afford to get it due to the expense.

I've read crazier stories anyway.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I went to Florida once, and I enjoyed it.

But then again I was 9 years old and I was there for Disneyland and shit.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Lmao what the Hell is wrong with these people? The heat be messing with their brains, man.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Whaaaat the hell did I just read? Sometimes life just seems to get weirder and weirder.

By the way, I read an article about the the face-eating guy- he was actually on marijuana. I could believe it if he was high on bath salts, but doing that because of being high on pot just strikes me as odd. But hey, life is like that sometimes.

I wonder how Poppo is (the guy's victim). The pictures from that incident are horrifying. :c

EDIT: Found an article about Poppo's recovery. The pictures still look quite horrifying. I hope he's able to recover as completely as possible.
    Last edited by Tiger; 01-25-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Whaaaat the hell did I just read? Sometimes life just seems to get weirder and weirder.

By the way, I read an article about the the face-eating guy- he was actually on marijuana. I could believe it if he was high on bath salts, but doing that because of being high on pot just strikes me as odd. But hey, life is like that sometimes.

I wonder how Poppo is (the guy's victim). The pictures from that incident are horrifying. :c
    Dayum, some stoners get the munchies but man, that guy must have smoked a shitload to have the munchies that bad.

Also lol Poppo. Sounds like that guy from DB/Z picked the wrong day to go take a walk on Earth.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    Aden
    I find myself uttering this thread's title just about weekly, it seems

Weasyl
    Onnes
    As a long-time former resident of Florida, I feel obligated to recommend that everyone who enjoys our proud state to read at least one Carl Hiaasen novel. Because they are all oddly plausible.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8178.Carl_Hiaasen

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post

EDIT: Found an article about Poppo's recovery. The pictures still look quite horrifying. I hope he's able to recover as completely as possible.
    I highly doubt it was the marijuana. It had to be laced with something.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    I highly doubt it was the marijuana. It had to be laced with something.
    I agree, I was really surprised when I read that. They even said that there was specifically nothing besides marijuana.

Article- http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/2...ke-bath-salts/

The last line is excellent, though- "If we want to prevent such violence, we need to focus on its genuine causes, not sensational claims about what drugs “make” people do.