Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by embriel View Post
    Well that really neglects every OTHER reason I've brought up why using so many animal products is terrible not only for the animals but ourselves.
    and if you REALLY don't like how the animals are treated on these farms I implore you lower your consumption at the least.
    You blame high prices instead of taking responsibility for your own choices, which only serves to reflect badly on you.
    Otherwise I wish you well with your cardiovascular disease/obesity/cancer :3
    ...Wow. You are the EPITOME of the kind of person the OP's talking about. Thanks for the sanctimoniousness, toots. I may get cancer or heart disease but I'll be getting it with many joyous memories of eating whatever meat I want, whenever I want. You just completely glossed over where I said I had no plans to change my eating habits and was only making an observation about the state of the world. And taking it away from me personally, my point stands - in a depressed economy, where millions (probably billions) worldwide cannot afford healthy food, if they can afford meat at all it's not going to come from decently-raised stock. Price humanely raised meat at a price similar to the typical factory stock, I'll be all over it. Until then, excuse me for saving my money, and if saving money reflects badly on me than color me unclean.
    Last edited by Tigercougar; 01-28-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Weasyl
    Cani Lupine
    Quote Originally Posted by embriel View Post
    Well that really neglects every OTHER reason I've brought up why using so many animal products is terrible not only for the animals but ourselves.
    and if you REALLY don't like how the animals are treated on these farms I implore you lower your consumption at the least.
    You blame high prices instead of taking responsibility for your own choices, which only serves to reflect badly on you.
    Otherwise I wish you well with your cardiovascular disease/obesity/cancer :3
    Yeeeeaaaah. Agreed with above. You're exactly the bad kind of vegan I just mentioned. The moronic ones with their heads up their asses spewing nothing but bullshit with a massive superiority complex.

Those "studies" are inherently flawed because they ignore other important factors, such as activity level. They cherry-pick the active vegans and wrongfully compare them with normal people with sub-optimal fitness levels. People don't get cancer and diseases from eating meat. They get them from being lazy and not taking care of themselves. I eat meat, and I'm perfectly healthy. So do millions of other people. Being vegan doesn't make you better than everyone. Flaunting it makes you a total douche.
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 01-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    We'll enjoy our cardiovascular disease while you enjoy starving thousands of foreigners to death

Meat might be murder but Vaganism is genocide so

Weasyl
    embriel

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    join a forum insult its members shrug as if I have no idea why people are laughing at me

Dear diary: I got through my to-do list today

Weasyl
    redregon
    I'm not a vegan and i've had it (i have a big bag of it on the shelf right now, to be frank.)

There's something about finding joy in other's misfortune that doesn't sit well with me. (i didn't use to be like this... but i found it's hard to maintain positive social connections with a negative outlook like that.)

though, most brands haven't sterlized them and they grow fantastically well in my zone (the greater toronto area...) so, a resolution? try growing it. it produces a massive amount of grains per plant (assuming the birds don't get to it first.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    ...Wow. You are the EPITOME of the kind of person the OP's talking about. Thanks for the sanctimoniousness, toots. I may get cancer or heart disease but I'll be getting it with many joyous memories of eating whatever meat I want, whenever I want. You just completely glossed over where I said I had no plans to change my eating habits and was only making an observation about the state of the world. And taking it away from me personally, my point stands - in a depressed economy, where millions (probably billions) worldwide cannot afford healthy food, if they can afford meat at all it's not going to come from decently-raised stock. Price humanely raised meat at a price similar to the typical factory stock, I'll be all over it. Until then, excuse me for saving my money, and if saving money reflects badly on me than color me unclean.
    Well, in all seriousness, most people in the west do consume way more red-meat than the human body needs (unless your lifestyle is extremely physical in which case you do need all the protein you can get.) but, that's why there's chicken and fish! (though it won't kill you to skip the meat every other day or so... just sayin'.)
    Last edited by redregon; 02-02-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: clarity