Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: wchich anime you like?

wchich anime you like?

I like naruto bleach hitman reborn trigun big o.

I like them because they got there own clothes styles Japanese style one are very different from the American style.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Anime? No thanks.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Azumanga Daioh is awesome, both the manga and anime. I loved the Hellsing manga, but the Hellsing anime was TERRIBLE and nothing at -all- like the manga. Very disappointed with it.

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    Samurai Pizza Cats and Digimon, except Season 4.

Clannad. It's a rare case of a moe protagonist that doesn't embarrass me. In terms of films, Spirited Away is my favorite. On occasion I'll watch a random shounen series just to relive the excitement I used to have when I watched such anime on OG Toonami.

Anime, anime... Hmm...
    I only watch the older ones that I've heard about that I didn't get to watch at the time because I didn't have a computer, and wasn't allowed to stay up that late to watch... x)

I found Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood one of the most enjoyable anime series that I've watched in full, the art was much better than the original, it followed the manga's story almost word for word, which I found I liked better because the pacing was much faster, and just how they posed hard questions that left the viewer thinking. I haven't watched the original Fullmetal Alchemist all the way through however, so that's one of the next ones that I'll have to look at.

I also like Trigun quite a bit, the first few were comical and light-hearted for the most part, but it got pretty heavy in the second half. I keep hearing how the manga is better, but I don't really read manga anymore, so I guess that's something that I'll just look at the summary for. xP

Death Note! Death Note is the only mystery that I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed, that's all I can say about it without giving spoilers, for those who haven't watched it. xD

Claymore was really cool too, once again one that I'll have to read the manga summary for, because people KEEP saying that it was much different in the anime...

Finally, one that I need to start trying to find the episodes for again was Tales of Symphonia: The Animation. Now, I love the game to pieces, if you ask me what my favorite game is, it WILL be ToS handsdown, but the anime? Just beautiful, the music choice, the art, and they got the right voice actors, so I'm extremely happy about that.

I like anime better because many of them are much MUCH more serious than a normal American cartoon. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hard-core otaku that shuns anything live-action or American (I love me some Adventure Time and Black Dynamite) but for me, I like the style, subject matter, and I've had some really great memories to go along with anime too.

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    At the moment, I'm really enjoying Nana (Seven). Looking back over my watch list from the past few months, I've also really liked Hanasaku Iroha, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shakugan no Shana (up until Series 3 when it suddenly changed genre entirely), Vision of Escaflowne, Bakuman, Glass Mask, Full Metal Panic: Second Raid, and Gunslinger Girl, so I guess I prefer character-driven anime over action-/gag- ones - I personally like more grounded quieter anime so I've got breathing room to reflect on the characters and why I should care about following them and seeing where a series goes with them. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't possess a sense of humour (I liked Crayon Shin Chan, Yakitate Japan and Slayers for instance!) - I guess I just like humour that's relevant to the situation instead of crazy random stuff that breaks my suspension of belief/my understanding of the show's internal logic (hence why I only lasted 10 minutes of Excel Saga). That's not me saying shows like that are bad and people shouldn't watch them - not at all. They have their audience and cater to them very well and in today's world, we could all do with a reason to laugh our heads off, y'know, so people should enjoy what they want to. I just don't personally watch stuff like One Piece or Bobobobo etc.

Anyway, I have eclectic tastes, like I'm a fan of Hagane no Renkinjitsu: Kyoudai (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood), Sailor Moon, Windy Tales, Darker Than Black and Evangelion, as long as it's got a 'hook' to it (like a decent soundtrack, or characterisation, or editing) I'm willing to try out new (to me) anime - I'm trying out Another as I type this, heh. And thinking about Psycho Pass and Persona the Animation.

But yeah, that's my two cents (or twenty judging by the length of this paragraph - my apologies for rambling; if you couldn't tell, I'm quite the animation fan!)

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Weasyl
    MLR
    I tend to prefer the shorter, character-driven ones over things like Bleach or Dragon Ball Z. Shows like Bleach are fine if you grew up with them, for the same reason that things like Transformers are fine if you grew up with them; it feels like they cater more to 12 year old boys, what with the simplistic storytelling techniques (hello long villain monologues!) and constant introduction of unsubstantiated bullshit ("Little did you know, hero, that this is not my final form!!" "I will defeat you with my uber secret technique that I've never even mentioned until just now!"), so watching them today they tend to get really old really fast. Not to mention, they tend to be cheaply made since the studios are expected to put out one episode a week.

So I definitely prefer shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, or Trigun (although the latter is moderately silly... still, for such a one-dimensional hero they manage to pull it off pretty well). Fullmetal Alchemist tends to ride the line, but is on the right side of it enough that I still enjoy it. It's got a good story, and plays in a smart enough way with ethical dilemmas, but certain things about it are really sloppy and stupid (it's never the massive explosions or millions of stone daggers or giant liquid balls of fire that seem to kill people... it always ends up being something close and very personal, like a sword, so that we can have a good death scene). And of course I like anything by Hayao Miyazaki. Those are just great to watch and marvel at the sheer amount of work and attention to detail his studio puts into things, and it helps that the stories are always charming and complex.

Another one I've wanted to find is the most recent version of Bubblegum Crisis, because I remember really enjoying it as a kid, and I'd like to see how it holds up. That one seems to be pretty obscure, though.

Half of those I've never heard of Aokamidu, and even more of them I haven't had the chance to watch. x)

One Piece is one of those animes that you have to watch for awhile for it to get good, or so my sister says. I sometimes pop in on her watching it, and it seems like something that I'd enjoy, even though I usually don't like longer anime (Its currently in the 500's somewhere...)

Speaking of comedy, there's this really good comedy anime that I watched called Ninja Nonsense, I wish that it was more popular, I really enjoyed watching that one with my mate, we've been trying to find another good comedy like it...

Miyazaki is awesome too, what's your favorite movie of his? Mine either has to be Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away. (Although not by Miyazaki, I really like Pom Poko too. :3)

Anything by Miyazaki, I'll watch. As far as recent stuff goes, I enjoyed Last Exile. For older stuff, definitely check out Akira, Lupin III, and Wings of Honnemaise