Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Algorithmus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    I used to just wear hand-me-downs from my brother and whatever was comfortable, but recently I've been buying clothes that fit PROPERLY (the most important thing) and colors and styles that go well with one another. Dressing well doesn't have to be expensive or super involved, and does a lot in the way of self confidence and how other perceive you. A lot of people put little to no effort in their outward appearance, and it's a bit disheartening. Anyone can look great if they put a little effort in their image.
    Ja, I don't bother too much with my outward appearance because it's not that important. Unless my work requires it (which it doesn't) or I'm going to some important function like a wedding, I can't be arsed to care how I look most of the time, and I'll be damned if I want to wear something that's more intended to look good than be functional, practical and comfortable. I guess maybe I'm just one of those people that don't feel like I need to look great to do great things or even be confident or comfortable, so I don't spend any effort on it. I think people who do spend effort on it are the people who do care about it and enjoy doing it. And if people have a problem with the way I dress because I can't be bothered to care, and not because it's distracting them, that's their problem, not mine.
    Last edited by Algorithmus; 03-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Weasyl
    Shiko
    hmmm. Well I think my dress type would just simply be Casual. I just wear Jeans and a T-shirt on a Daily basis, nothing fancy. Although I do have a few shirts that are not just T-shirts, but those are not worn out a lot. of Course for the Spring and summer time I enjoy Wearing Tank Tops and Jeans...sometimes Shorts..No Jean shorts though XD

My Work though Requires I wear a Polo, Black or Khaki pants..shirt tucked in with a Belt D: That's about as fancy as I get lmao

So yeah !

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Super skinny jeans or shorts with kneesocks, with baggy hoodies and t-shirts with skateboard related print(things my dad give me) or tank tops.
    I prefer black with pops of bright ass colours.

I also love accessories made of leather, hemp, wood and other organic materials, and metal or silicone :3
    Last edited by PapayaShark; 03-16-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Well for me right now, I have two separate categories: the clothes I wear (that I still like) and the clothes I wish I could wear but I can't because of budget and financial reasons, but I'll keep this to the clothes I own. The clothes that I wear for most days are men's clothes that fit me well without being constricting; usually decent-looking slacks (I hate jeans) with a long sleeved shirt with my camo jacket that's festooned with buttons and patches, or one of my favorite tees or tank tops for summer. I have some nicer more feminine things that I wear like black flowing skirts (one of them with an octopus print). Colors are always natural hues/earth tones (especially greens) or black; I can't stand wearing screaming neon crap most of the time. I have a thing for outerwear and jackets as well; I seriously have oh...four or five different coats that I wear for different occasions that I've amassed over a couple years.

I believe in comfort not being mutually exclusive to looking good and I also believe in taking pride in my appearance, even if it's casual everyday wear. No walking out in pajamas and a dirty t-shirt for me. I'm also a little old fashioned in that I wish formal wear and nice clothes weren't so under-appreciated these days.

I also have a serious thing for jewelry, especially necklaces; I've got leather collars, silver chains, and a metric ton of different pendants for them.
    Last edited by Sparkyopteryx; 03-07-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: I have an obsession with parentheses, apparently

Weasyl
    kynliod
    Jeans, tanks, t-shirts (preferably long sleeved, or long sleeved with short sleeved over the top), ski socks, crocheted beanies, flannel button-downs, and giant cozy sweatshirts. Oh, also tactical boots or Converse All Stars.

i prefer casual; you don't have to plan that much on what to wear.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Skirts, leggings, boots, heels, gloves, sunglasses, t-shirts, nice tops, jackets, shawls, scarves, corsets, belts, bags, silver jewelry.
    Most are black. Others are a few limited colors, mostly blue.
    I love clothes. I probably have more than enough to outfit a few Red Cross camps.

It really depends on my mood and where I'm going as to what kind of outfit I'll wear.
    Most of my outfits have a goth-esque look to them, some more than others, and my fashion taste in general could be called slightly "hipster goth" if that's even a real thing. Very girly. Very dressy. At least somewhat fashionable, although I don't really keep up with trends as I do see something I like and adopt it.

I'm really liking space clothing and the "pastel goth" look as of late.
    I also really like cyber and futuristic clothing, but hell if I'll ever be able to afford those.

I HATE anything that rides up my ass, skinny jeans, scene kid-type looks, Coverse boots, wearing leggings / tights / "yoga pants" without some kind of bottom, itty bitty shorts, brown leather, and most of anything with polka dots or spots.
    Last edited by Vae; 03-23-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Weasyl
    JRWenzel

I search the thread and there's only one mention of a "fedora"

Good.

As for the topic, golf shirts and slacks. Can't go wrong with either.

I'd like to expand the topic somewhat. For those whose parents buy you clothing as gifts...do you LIKE what they get for you? In my case...yes, actually. My grandmother's career was in the fashion industry, so she knows how to pick clothes that'll look good on a young woman. The same fashion sense was passed down to my mom.