Weasyl
    N/A

General canids D: (Sketches and requesting help ITT)

Since I see you're working off of a sphere, it may be a good idea to just project the snout out from the sphere itself.

Draw a line out from the place the horizontal & vertical midlines cross straight out to the length you want the muzzle to be, then block in the general shape of the muzzle around it -- you can be pretty technical about it too if you want. You could build it out like a box, cylinder, or just some random smooth shape, whichever seems more appropriate.

If it seems like it's at the wrong angle, then double check versus the back of the sphere and where both the ovals defining the midpoints meet on that side. That should create a line sticking straight out from the face, not at an angle.

I hope that makes sense. I'll see if I can get some drawings of it up later. I pretty much just got up. XD

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    I actually think your dogs look pretty good! (I mean just look for "wolf" in the newest section of deviantArt)

As for consistency, practice does make perfect, and just keep drawing the character's head in a sketchdump at different angles. What species/breed is the canid? Definitely use reference pictures (by this I mean photos) as well, since they really do help for anatomy and angle.

Other than that, OnyxSerpent pretty much summed up everything. I did meet this person in real life, she's actually very good at giving tutorials.
    Tutorial Gallery Snouts Hope these help a bit.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Thank you a lot for the feedback! :> And yes, practise has helped me since I started drawing (and doing "proper" characters after Cyanide-and-Happiness-like characters which I started over a year ago), but it just feels as if I'm missing out on some essential information, you know? Practise can only do so much when you're learning.

But yes, I'll be sure to put that tutorial to use, as well as your advice. I feel a little burned out after finishing something larger just now, and you can expect me to put your advice to use and make a little sketchpage which I will post here. And just in case, apologies in advance for a doublepost when I do finally make it.

Weasyl
    nova
    Other than that, OnyxSerpent pretty much summed up everything. I did meet this person in real life, she's actually very good at giving tutorials.
    Tutorial Gallery Snouts Hope these help a bit.
    Those tutorials are AWESOME! Thanks for posting those c:

Beyond the snout, I would suggest learning how the ears connect to the head.The best way to do this is to work form life. Study photos and dogs, as well as their muscle and bone structure. Once you figure out how to draw "realistically" you can stylize it and break the rules all you want, because you'll understand how to break them.

Here are some tutorials I found:
    general anatomy
    fox tutorial
    some more general canine anatomy

And just like AtomiKamikaze said, practice practice practice!

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Quote Originally Posted by edennova View Post
    Those tutorials are AWESOME! Thanks for posting those c:

Beyond the snout, I would suggest learning how the ears connect to the head.The best way to do this is to work form life. Study photos and dogs, as well as their muscle and bone structure. Once you figure out how to draw "realistically" you can stylize it and break the rules all you want, because you'll understand how to break them.

Here are some tutorials I found:
    general anatomy
    fox tutorial
    some more general canine anatomy

And just like AtomiKamikaze said, practice practice practice!
    Haha, no problem! C: Fyuvix is awesome, me and my gf met with her personally for a class, her tutorials on anatomy and perspective are great! Hope they help you and others as much as me!

And thank you for those tuts, those were very well done!

Weasyl
    N/A