Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuen Growlithe View Post
    My favourite band is Sonata Arctica
    @_@ I have an issue with Sonata, and that issue is becoming literally addicted to Days of Gray when it came out. I couldn't listen to anything else for like two weeks. It was a major problem, oh my god.

Weasyl
    aetius
    Mostly classical for myself, however I do enjoy random soundtracks that I find from video games.

I'm a piece of hipster trash that listens to equally hipster trash music.
    And a variety of other things.

Weasyl
    Pine
    I'm really into Funk Metal like RATM and Suicyco, but I also enjoy majority of rock music, and bits of electronic and old school rap. What I can't stand is all of that "hip" shit people are getting into like Dubstep and Screamo. Also Lil' Wayne. Fuck him.

Weasyl
    Demu
    I like lots of different types of music, but I think my favorites at the moment are symphonic metal, dubstep, electro house, pop, and chiptune. c:

My favorite band ever is Kamelot!

I'm completely open to everyone's interests in music, as I was raised to appreciate the musical arts. But I gotta admit, there are some genres that confuse me! So I avoid listening to them personally.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    I love how out of place I feel, I have a wide range of music that I enjoy listening to. But I seem to have a liking for jazzy or smooth beats in my music. Especially if its video game tracks.

Outside of that, I love chiptunes and can get into some forms of electronica. I have a huge love for arranged orchestra, especially for song remixes. And just about anything with a piano lead I will love forever.

Weasyl
    Matt
    I'm a lucky motherfucker. I get to DJ at a college radio station that encourages (demands) breaking into extra genres. We have tens of thousands of albums to work with, and license to rip/take whatever we want from the library. I went into it with Between the Heart and the Synapse as my idea of what good music is, but I like to think I've branched out a bit.

I'm bad at getting into new music though. I know I found some remarkable shit when I both appreciate and enjoy a new song by a new band at the same time. It's a moment of getting my mind blown and enjoying it at the same time.

Three examples:
    The Receiving End of Sirens - Planning a Prison Break
    Envy on the Coast - Sugar Skulls (480p it to make it not sound like corrugated ass.)
    The Outline - Aesthetics

Ex1 is the opening track to my favorite album ever. Ex2 has the greatest drum fill in the world at 1:57 Ex3 has been my favorite song for 5 years. Screaming guitar effects, a fun drum beat, interesting lyrics, unoppressive vocals, combination of electronics and live instruments. It's just great.

As far as new shit I've discovered,
    Gold Chains - Rock the Parti The most fun song in the world.
    Bomb the Bass - Bug Powder Dust Justin Warfield is great.
    Mr. Bungle - Air Conditioned Nightmare Because why the fuck not.

I'm trying to get into hip hop a bit more. De La Soul and Arrested Development have been a good start, but if anyone has any direction on where to go from there I'd appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uini View Post
    I love how out of place I feel, I have a wide range of music that I enjoy listening to. But I seem to have a liking for jazzy or smooth beats in my music. Especially if its video game tracks.

Outside of that, I love chiptunes and can get into some forms of electronica. I have a huge love for arranged orchestra, especially for song remixes. And just about anything with a piano lead I will love forever.
    Gangrene - Not High Enough

I don't know if you've heard this before, but the piano sold me when I first heard it.
    Last edited by Matt; 07-29-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I'm trying to get into hip hop a bit more. De La Soul and Arrested Development have been a good start, but if anyone has any direction on where to go from there I'd appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Gangrene - Not High Enough

I don't know if you've heard this before, but the piano sold me when I first heard it.
    Let me help you with that hip hop.
    I advise you to check out the non-mainstream hiphop artists. MF DOOM, Jay Dilla, Madlib, MURS, De La Soul is good start. If you want some old school stuff, A Tribe Called Quest, Talib Kweli and a few of Q-Tip's stuff is good. Aesop Rock I hear is a good one too.

Plus I see you're acquainted with Oh No. So that pleases me. The track is pretty hot though!

Here's one to check out. Danger Doom ft. Talib Kweli - Old School

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Uini View Post
    Let me help you with that hip hop.
    I advise you to check out the non-mainstream hiphop artists. MF DOOM, Jay Dilla, Madlib, MURS, De La Soul is good start. If you want some old school stuff, A Tribe Called Quest, Talib Kweli and a few of Q-Tip's stuff is good. Aesop Rock I hear is a good one too.

Plus I see you're acquainted with Oh No. So that pleases me. The track is pretty hot though!

Here's one to check out. Danger Doom ft. Talib Kweli - Old School
    MF Doom has done me well. I stumbled into Red and Gold during my show a few weeks back. I think I played a Madlib track at one point too, but I can't remember. My only knowledge of Q-Tip is from Groove is in the Heart so I need to look into that more.

Thanks for the direction, dude. I appreciate it like hell.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

I like a lot of different music, the only genres I really can't get into are dubstep, country, and I'm not really all that big on most rap.

Otherwise I've got a pretty big collection though most of the stuff I tend to lean towards hovers somewhere around the rock genre in some form. My favourite band though is Billy Talent (who are releasing a new album later this year, I'm so stoked) as well as I really enjoy Our Lady Peace and Machinae Supremacy. So I tend to put those three in rotation more than anything else. But I've got a fairly large collection overall to choose from. I'm pretty big on a lot of videogame OSTs too.