Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What kind of music are you into?

What music do you listen to or are interested in?

I've been a metalhead since my freshman year of high school, getting into stuff from power metal to progressive extreme metal (lol). Opeth, Meshuggah, Gojira, and Strapping Young Lad were playing constantly for me and still are. I'm also into some prog rock-ish bands like Porcupine Tree, Pineapple Thief, and Riverside, and I'm a big fan of sludge metal as of late (High on Fire, Kylesa, Black Tusk, and Baroness and Mastodon [those two are both awesome live]). I love how raw sludge metal is and I love how Mastodon and Baroness fuse prog stuff into it.

I also love some electronic music, though I haven't listened to much lately: Grum, Daft Punk, Fuck Buttons, Holy Fuck, Venetian Snares is great just for how crazy it is, I like some of Deadmau5's stuff, and Digitalism is great, so is Justice.

Can't really put them into genres among other stuff I listen to but I adore LCD Soundsystem and I listen to Animal Collective on occasion.

So, how about you? :D

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Industrial, Nine Inch Nails, Rap, Nine Inch Nails, Alternative, Nine Inch Nails, Electronic, and... Oh, did I mention Nine Inch Nails?

This seems familiar to another thread. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    This seems familiar to another thread. >.>
    While the "What song are you listening to" thread is probably going to devolve into a continuous one-line-and-or-embedded-YouTube-video thread, this one I think might be able to open up some talk about new bands and connect people based on more in-depth musical interests they have rather than what they are listening to at that moment. :3 That's my line of thinking anyway.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    If it's good, I'll listen to it, though I admit I have a weakness for good ol' rock from the 70s-80s.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Anything heavy, slamming, and hard-hitting. Metal and its subgenres, really. But I do venture out of there of course. But no screamo crap about "the pain inside" etc, I'd rather eat dog puke.

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    While the "What song are you listening to" thread is probably going to devolve into a continuous one-line-and-or-embedded-YouTube-video thread, this one I think might be able to open up some talk about new bands and connect people based on more in-depth musical interests they have rather than what they are listening to at that moment. :3 That's my line of thinking anyway.
    Ah, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Anything heavy, slamming, and hard-hitting. Metal and its subgenres, really. But I do venture out of there of course. But no screamo crap about "the pain inside" etc, I'd rather eat dog puke.
    Lmfao, That made my day.

i like a lot of genres really
    the arctic monkeys and los campesinos! are really good im not even sure what they are but the fast-paced music they make is so fun to listen to
    the antlers and the national too with their slow stuff i love that too
    im not fond of metal or screamo or anything like that u_u

indie basically
    tmblr - fa - da

I generally listen to everything. I really LOVE Drum & Bass and prgoressive rock/metal.
    Dubstep lost its appeal when it became swarmed with amateur musicians

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I generally listen to everything. I really LOVE Drum & Bass and prgoressive rock/metal.
    Dubstep lost its appeal when it became swarmed with amateur musicians
    ^ THIS ^. I still love dubstep but with all the noob crap it takes longer to fish for good ones.

For me, mostly electronic, new wave, and 80s metal. Also war-remixes are pretty good. Also most things by Renard (LAPFOXTRAX) are just mind-blowingly amazing, that man---fox--has talent.