Weasyl
    Uluri

Weasyl Events? Will there ever be more?

Will there be more fun Weasyl Events for this site? I really loved seeing
    all those fun events take place for artists. It was super awesome.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Sorry for the late reply on this!

Personally, I'd love for us to continue to do more events with our community. If you have any ideas for fun events, we'd love to hear 'em. Suggestions are very much welcomed!

We may already have some ideas in the works, but we are always happy to hear ideas, or get feedback on what we can improve.

Weasyl
    Uluri
    So, I asked around a bit, because I'm not the best with ideas.

More Dress up contests would be cool. (But bear in mind using a base to draw on is only so fun)
    Contests and/or events that can include other artist types besides drawing artists. (Story writer, Musicians, etc)
    Someone mentioned a Madlib Event. (I think that would be super entertaining.)
    Things that can be fun and/or spark creativity in the artists.

A lot of people respond well to being allowed to use their own OC's in a contest or event.

Usually, the more prizes people could win, the more chances that there will be people
    interested in a prize and enter for it. So, perhaps also excepting prize donators could help get people to participate?
    ---HOwever you may need some rules so that you guys aren't responsible for getting into
    contact with, and making sure the prize donator does their part. =_="" Either the DOnator
    or the prize winner would have to contact each other. Donator Contacting Prize Winner would
    be the safest route in my opinion.--- <.<" That would be a bit of work to set up I guess.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    I like Uluri's ideas! Maybe also more "artist of the month" spotlights or whatever? I only saw that happen twice, but I think it is a super awesome way to see cool artists that I might have never seen otherwise.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I like everything brought forth idea wise! Of course, seasonal contests would be great too.

As Antumbra was saying artist spotlights would be nice too. Especially if they are taking commissions. Weasyl could do a bio on that artist and why they need support (trying to make a living, getting through college, just a hobbyist but in need of money, etc.)

If your guys are wanting more interaction between the main site and the forums I think there should be some events that involve the forum's Groups to get people involved and networking more.

Let alone there are some Weasyl accounts which are functioning as groups, art exchanges, or artist collectives, such as Conbadge Exchange and maybe those can get contests or spotlights to garner attention? I mean, I can't even really find other profiles easily.