Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The BOOKS thread!

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    So I have this copy of Capote's "A Christmas Memory"

And I would recommend it to literally everyone oh my god is it great

Been reading a LOT of Sherlock Holmes, myself. Only what's written by Arthur Conan Doyle, though. Also reading a few different In-Progress stories by FA'ers.
    Erm... Other than that, I've been... not reading a whole lot. It's strange, I used to spend nearly every waking moment with a book. Now I'm broke with no current access to a library.

My current daily reading allotment due to my busy schedule is a mere five pages a day. It's slow going, but I am cranking through the 300-page book I'm currently on.

I've just needed some light material lately, so I'm working on the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series. I've got quibbles with her style sometimes, even for YA fiction, but overall they're entertaining and inspire the dreaded "well, one more chapter..." feeling.

Her new series Wolves of the Beyond is pretty satisfying, so far, too. Though Gaelic-ish talking wolves hit a lot of my interest buttons, so I may be slightly biased. :V
    Icon by Lingrimm.

I love reading. I have stacks and stacks of books, and my parents finally gave me a Kindle for Christmas so I'd stop collecting more. My all-time favorites are Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, and currently, I'm working on the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.

Weasyl
    sebkad
    I've just finished 5th tome of Brian Lumley's Necroscope... And woow it was quite nice horror story... I like reading fantasy (Polish writers mostly - The Witcher!) especially with historical threads. If you know any interesting fantasy books feel free to send me pm!

Weasyl
    KaneQuicktail
    I picked up "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan. I'm about half-way through it and can't put it down. I'm really excited to read the entire Wheel of Time series. It's a shame I never knew about it before.

I just finished "Blue Moon Rising" by Simon R. Green. It's not the most mindblowing book I have ever read but it is pretty solid. I definitely recommend it if you're into fantasy stuff.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Well after Bad Pharma I read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and I'm now on Alice Through the Looking Glass. The latter two are both quite short but I don't spend as much time reading as I should. I'll probably finish Through the Looking Glass this weekend.
    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
    ~John Stuart Mill~

Furry News: http://www.flayrah.com/

Weasyl
    Aakosir
    I am currently reading The Iron Hunt by Marjorie Liu. I've read a few of her other books and have liked them. She has a different style which is easy to read. And lots of action! I get bored if there is too much downtime.

I also like Sherilynn Kenyon, Kelly Armstrong and Patricia Briggs. To me they are the original werewolf writers, including the classic Wolfman and all.

Next on my list is The Hobbit and the rest of The Lord of the Rings along with all of the Narnia books. I've had them for years, but have never read them!

When I was young I absolutely loved Hank the Cowdog books, Ragweed, Timecat, Warriors (the cat books) and a few others. Oh also Circue Du Freak and Amelia Atwater-Rhodes's books Hawksong and the sequals. Wolf Star, The Red Unicorn, Just Ella, The Power of Three, Unicorns of Balinor, the Serendipity books. I read a lot