Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Small forum bug

  1. #1
    Premium User Aerys's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Aerys
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6

    Small forum bug

    When editing my avatar I uploaded a .png image which had a .jpeg extension. The uploader gave me an error message notifying me of the incorrect extension but didn't handle the upload correctly.

    Thanks a bunch!

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Cold as Fire Eminoxic's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    258
    Just switched the forums to use ImageMagick, a more updated image processor, try now.

    Also, clear .gif files should now be displayed properly

  3. #3
    Senior Shane's Avatar
    Weasyl
    shane
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    122
    instead of making a new thread i'm going to post in this one.

    i just made an icon in gimp, exported it as a .png. it's 100x100 and the file size is 12KB but when i try to upload it, i get an error message saying "invalid file". i don't really get what the problem is since my current icon is also a .png.
    sometimes I wish for falling
    wish for the release
    wish for falling through the air
    to give me some relief

    because falling's not the problem;
    when i'm falling, i'm in peace.
    it's only when i hit the ground
    it causes all the grief

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Cold as Fire Eminoxic's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    instead of making a new thread i'm going to post in this one.

    i just made an icon in gimp, exported it as a .png. it's 100x100 and the file size is 12KB but when i try to upload it, i get an error message saying "invalid file". i don't really get what the problem is since my current icon is also a .png.
    Try uploading it somewhere like imageshack and link it to me, I'll try uploading it quick to see if it works for me, cause it really shouldn't be saying invalid file

  5. #5
    Senior Shane's Avatar
    Weasyl
    shane
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminoxic View Post
    Try uploading it somewhere like imageshack and link it to me, I'll try uploading it quick to see if it works for me, cause it really shouldn't be saying invalid file


    also why do avatars have that annoying black border around them...
    Last edited by Shane; 07-28-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    sometimes I wish for falling
    wish for the release
    wish for falling through the air
    to give me some relief

    because falling's not the problem;
    when i'm falling, i'm in peace.
    it's only when i hit the ground
    it causes all the grief

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Cold as Fire Eminoxic's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    258
    Last edited by Eminoxic; 07-28-2012 at 01:37 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Littlerock's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    bunk bed
    Gender
    N/A
    Posts
    210
    Hooray for no more black borders! :D

  8. #8
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    Hooray for no more black borders! :D
    Also hooray for blending background working now, you did all that work for nothing

    *keeps poking her with the Stick of Tease*

  9. #9
    Senior Littlerock's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    bunk bed
    Gender
    N/A
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Also hooray for blending background working now, you did all that work for nothing

    *keeps poking her with the Stick of Tease*
    You stinker that is my stick now >:U
    And you should try out one of those tidy border ones, they're great at looking cool.

  10. #10
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    You stinker that is my stick now >:U
    And you should try out one of those tidy border ones, they're great at looking cool.
    I stole the Stick of Tease back from you yesterday so I could poke you some more with it, silly :3

    And borders make it look like a cage, so I prefer no border :3

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •