Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Sweetness, an Anti-DA Thread, I didn't realize how many people weren't happy with them, and yet they're still a big player in the art community? Wooooooow...

Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirahe View Post
    Sweetness, an Anti-DA Thread, I didn't realize how many people weren't happy with them, and yet they're still a big player in the art community? Wooooooow...
    The reasons why I stay with DA and FA instead of just abandoning them are...weird.

I stay with DA because a LOT of the artists I subscribe to are on there. It's mainly the fanart that I enjoy that's really great quality. Plus I get tired of "furry, furry, furry, furry, furry, furry, furry" etc etc etc. I'll never tire of fanart.

With FA, it's easier getting noticed out there plus I'm able to upload some of the more adult stuff.

Weasyl
    Taelune
    Yeah, after thinking about it today, I don't think I'll abandon DA, I've been a member for over 10 years, as for FA, I might abandon them if my favorite Artists move to Weasyl.
    and yeah I love fan art too on DA, and FA makes it easier to find people who sell art for cheaper, as well as to find people who are willing to buy art from beginners like me.

I just do not like certain things about both sites, mostly DA, but that might be because I've been there 3x longer than FA

Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

Weasyl
    boogans
    dA is what helped me to really start putting effort into what I draw, but I don't use the site for anything other than +faving art drawn for me and keeping an eye on the few folks that don't have either FA or Tumblr accounts.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25

Weasyl
    Judicant
    I always think it's funny when people talk about dA because I only used it a long long long time ago, and to my knowledge back then it didn't have nearly the problems it does today.

That said, I left it long ago because everyone seems so isolated back then. I couldn't get any feedback on anything, nor did anyone seem interested in socializing. It's hard to stay active on a site if you feel like you're the only one on it (especially since back then the front page seemed like it was always dominated by "good" art, not the crap I made which the reverse seems to be true now :v). Problem is I never really found an all inclusive alternative for whatever art-type I went on to making next, since I went through a phase of painting, and fractal work, and heavy photo editing, among others. Ended up on FA for a while because I decided I wanted to draw animal people for a while, ended up staying because there were some cool people, but now it's time to move on.

Though tumblr is proving to be an interesting experiment. It's not quite adequate for what I'm looking for in a place to dump my artsy fartsy stuff.

Weasyl
    Verona
    devianTART? I upload sometimes work there, but mostly Im on FA. DA dont load for me a lot, or I see X's instead of artworks, or the page dont load at all! Also, the people there? Sometimes Im surprised that some people aren't banned there because they breaking rules. Its like the admins don't care about that, as long they getting money? I also notice that there are more grow ups on FA (and ofcourse on Weasyl) than on DA.

Weasyl
    Karmarsi
    Quote Originally Posted by Verona View Post
    devianTART? I upload sometimes work there, but mostly Im on FA. DA dont load for me a lot, or I see X's instead of artworks, or the page dont load at all! Also, the people there? Sometimes Im surprised that some people aren't banned there because they breaking rules. Its like the admins don't care about that, as long they getting money? I also notice that there are more grow ups on FA (and ofcourse on Weasyl) than on DA.
    I seem to think similar. I mean the Admins made the most stupid of rules that just make artists cry in shame. I only meet on nice admin there and she stepped down from her role. Only reason I pop by now is to check my group ( gotta when it's 8000 members or more ) or upload some bits and pieces

Weasyl
    WildOak
    I am very impressed with weasyl, both the site itself (can't wait for the launch!) and also how approachable and friendly the mods are. Having people in charge who listen to users is a big thing.

Weasyl
    Verona
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmarsi View Post
    I seem to think similar. I mean the Admins made the most stupid of rules that just make artists cry in shame. I only meet on nice admin there and she stepped down from her role. Only reason I pop by now is to check my group ( gotta when it's 8000 members or more ) or upload some bits and pieces
    She must have a good reason to step out the Admin group. Seriously? If you see what is allowed to upload, its rly bad. Tracings are allowed ( I did it sometimes in the past, not anymore, I know its unoriginal as well, and I never understand why I did it tho.). And If Im right, Desirahe said that even screenshots are allowed now? How original! What is DA anyway now? A image stock thing? Or a artsite? =n= DA isn't as it was years ago. Rules were more strict. Now its like they ignore it.

Weasyl
    meris
    The only reason I've left my dA up is because I watch some very talented artists over there. I don't think I'll ever upload something there again, though.

Too many of the mods just do not care about the artists, only the site profits. An artist I am watching recently had someone repost one of their images with their watermark still intact and the mods refused to take it down because there "wasn't enough proof" that the artist owned the image. I'm shocked that an art website can get away with such an attitude towards their artists.