Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Oh my word its this drama again. This makes me feel like a dinosaur.

DA does not pull this shit, when this 'rule' got created one of the first people to have this happen was Damien ( http://damie-m.deviantart.com/ ) , and they reassured that DA wrote a mail ASKING permission. DA does not own your art or they would have been flushed out the artistic system 7 or so years ago.

Then again seeing how quick this kind of thing escalates to have so much people believing that goes to show how much trust their userbase trust deviantart. When people are quicker to blame your site than friggin' hot topic you know your PR is on the toilet

Welp, decided to re-look at my old DA.

...brb, saving what is good and burning the rest.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #254

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by spacerogue View Post
    Oh my word its this drama again. This makes me feel like a dinosaur.

DA does not pull this shit, when this 'rule' got created one of the first people to have this happen was Damien ( http://damie-m.deviantart.com/ ) , and they reassured that DA wrote a mail ASKING permission. DA does not own your art or they would have been flushed out the artistic system 7 or so years ago.
    Yea this rumor has been popping in and out for yeeeeears. Lots of fear mongering with that.

Hot Topic though, it's been proven time and time again that they're constantly stealing from artists. I think I've seen 2 or 3 examples of it happening just in this year alone.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I'm not applying this to anyone but myself. But I've no need to since I highly doubt Hot Topic would be interested in my line of work or would find it of printable quality.
    Oh, it's not because I'm afraid of stealing.

The art is just..terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Yea this rumor has been popping in and out for yeeeeears. Lots of fear mongering with that.

Hot Topic though, it's been proven time and time again that they're constantly stealing from artists. I think I've seen 2 or 3 examples of it happening just in this year alone.
    At least the DA legal advisor was able to help answer some questions and explain how DA actually works when it comes to the distributing of artwork, its nice there is someone out there to clarify it.
    Though I am sure we all know that the problem is art theft, not only by persons but by companies that dont care.

@Fiz
    yeah man, I'v seen people actually leave its just, wut :I

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    At least the DA legal advisor was able to help answer some questions and explain how DA actually works when it comes to the distributing of artwork, its nice there is someone out there to clarify it.
    Though I am sure we all know that the problem is art theft, not only by persons but by companies that dont care.
    This this this so much this

I'v seen so many great artists leave the internet because of the general disrespect. When a watermark plastered all over your work doesn't hold back pulling shit like this, you know its bad. And thats not just plain lifting iirc it was Swandog who had a deerface logo something getting traced (most probably into vector form) and then had that face printed on a fashion line.

Isn't that an artist, who has been hired most likely to make things for this company, stealing from another artist.
    Just wow, mindblown. The nerve that person must have had to remotely assume people would not know a popular artist .

How does a site with millions of visitors manages to fail at helping artists growing their fby getting featured for a whole day? here's how: http://jackmcslaycritic.tumblr.com/p...iantart-are-so

Quote Originally Posted by Jakc Mcslay View Post
    How does a site with millions of visitors manages to fail at helping artists growing their fby getting featured for a whole day? here's how: http://jackmcslaycritic.tumblr.com/p...iantart-are-so
    lmao, yeaaaaaah thats hitting the nail on the head. Tho if the art is really good like you know ,uncanny good it'll get attention.

otherwise ? hardly.
    I'm still trying to forget I ever had a DD

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    Oh, about this Hot Topic grabbing? I think I may have the answer, if their policy is the same as from a local decal shop. "As long a Google Images display it, it is considered public domain, free-to-use, no royalties or contacts needed".

I know. Stellar logic there. But it is enforced...