Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by spacerogue View Post
    lmao, yeaaaaaah thats hitting the nail on the head. Tho if the art is really good like you know ,uncanny good it'll get attention.

otherwise ? hardly.
    I'm still trying to forget I ever had a DD
    Yah as much as posting great art draws attention, even artists such as rotarr (flyqueen an DA) still average less than 100 favorites each submission even after TWO daily deviations and posting good art regularly. Ponies and anime girls with big boobs and bad anatomy seems to draw much more attention, unfortunately.

I've heard of the creep. There was a petition to get him fired a few months ago.
    Commissions are open, please message me for details!

Quote Originally Posted by spacerogue View Post
    @Fiz
    yeah man, I'v seen people actually leave its just, wut :I

This this this so much this

I'v seen so many great artists leave the internet because of the general disrespect. When a watermark plastered all over your work doesn't hold back pulling shit like this, you know its bad. And thats not just plain lifting iirc it was Swandog who had a deerface logo something getting traced (most probably into vector form) and then had that face printed on a fashion line.

Isn't that an artist, who has been hired most likely to make things for this company, stealing from another artist.
    Just wow, mindblown. The nerve that person must have had to remotely assume people would not know a popular artist .
    I think the point is that they just dont give a rats ass if people know or not, because regardless someone out there is going to buy and probably already has.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I made a new DA for some reason.

Can I be a cool kid now?

Weasyl
    Verona
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    Sign your things if you plan on uploading them to dA.
    Well, I dont think that works as well. Because I know my friend do this, the whole pic has a watermark and still its getting stoled for sites and such. Or they do a way to let the watermark a bit dissapearing like with levels in art programs, hope you know what I mean by that!

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Good lord. There is so much controversy around this woman...
    I heard a bit about her, dont she make also fantasy artworks?

And what I also dont understand, is how people change their attitude towards people when they getting fame! Especially popular in a fandom. Some I called friends and now they acting like they dont know you anymore! Experience everyone?

Weasyl
    Verona
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I've heard of this happening with a few people. Me personally, I've just been treated like shit up front by a bunch of popular artists, but I've never had one be a friend and then ditch me. I think that'd be a lot worse.
    I dont really understand why people become this way. Some I understand, but they arent rude tho but prefer keep people on distance. I had people who only wanted be my friend because of my artworks, because im popular in the Sly Cooper fandom, and when I had some in a instant messenger, they started to play bossy over you. "Draw this!" "No that wont fit, try that!" "I really love to see you drawing this in your style". Or people you never really talk to telling their birthday is coming up. I mean I understand that people sometimes prefer good artists as their friends, because they are really afraid they will be using for their art and because they are popular. But that doesnt give you the reason to acting as a God or Godess and "Look im better than you! So get lost!" Im popular in the Sly Cooper fandom (not sure if you know this game) but I treat my fans and friends with respect. But I really saw popular artists who got Youtube ranting videos, anti artworks on DA, and I understand why they do it. Because a person (i dont mentioning her name) has no respect for her fans. If people ask "Do you like I draw you a gift?" her reply is cold with "Do what you want!". Why not just "Oh that would be nice of you!" Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    I made a new DA for some reason.

Can I be a cool kid now?
    Okay for this time I give you a cookie! What taste?
    Last edited by Verona; 07-06-2014 at 09:40 AM. Reason: I wrote "Because I person" it had to be "Because a person"

Weasyl
    LauriJ
    I have a dA account obviously and I like hanging out in there.

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    I have a dA account, but a pretty dead one. I just never really got into it as much as I got into other websites, mainly because my browser just ends up timing out from trying to load it. It's only real use for me is looking up stock photos to use for my own references.