Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    ASTA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezenerate View Post
    It was volatile. Now that it's in its current state, people like 3wyl literally fit in. That shocks me, honestly.

They slinked away, with TD moving away from the forums, thank god. But now it's a bunch of babies who either A) make fake call out threads and just post a bunch of plz's or B) regulars who normally post and get a bunch of babies replying.

There's a few of the regs, sure, but the majority is very boring. No one has an imagination or an active understanding of sarcasm anymore.
    Oh, TortureDevice and friends.

Yeah, there were three of them if I remember (though I think there may have been two). The wannabe edginess got old real quick, though. I should go back some day and recon the area.

Judging from what I've seen seen so far in this thread, it sounds like Complaints turned into a shithole or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTA View Post
    Oh, TortureDevice and friends.

Yeah, there were three of them if I remember (though I think there may have been two). The wannabe edginess got old real quick, though. I should go back some day and recon the area.

Judging from what I've seen seen so far in this thread, it sounds like Complaints turned into a shithole or something.
    More like a warm hole of spit. It's really tame, and that's not a complaints I like.

Weasyl
    Sonata
    I remember the days when DA had the old messaging system. Twas easy to clean out the junk in your inbox. nowadays, it seems that everything is recorded and sent to your inbox. I like joining groups but come ON. And it seems the kids on the site these days are worse and worse every year. With the art theft and such.

Weasyl
    autogatos
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    I remember the days when DA had the old messaging system. Twas easy to clean out the junk in your inbox. nowadays, it seems that everything is recorded and sent to your inbox. I like joining groups but come ON. And it seems the kids on the site these days are worse and worse every year. With the art theft and such.
    You can actually choose what updates you want to receive from everyone. >.> I just turn off "watch deviations" from most groups and don't watch anyone's forum posts/critiques so my message center doesn't get flooded with stuff I have no interest in.

Weasyl
    Verona
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Honestly, I like 3wyl, but yeah ... the fact that volunteers are now welcomed in those parts is just kinda odd, given how viciously they used to react. a_e
    And I've seen that. Plus, there's one member, who I actually helped gather info on to ban (because from all they were posting, they were a 99% confirmed pedo praying on children) only to come back after a leave to see they've been given their account back because apparently it was one huge set-up joke?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezenerate View Post
    Yeah, I just don't care for how cozy it is anymore.

Oh her. She's an annoying ass-stain imho. But I was unforunately busy with real life shit and i didn't keep up with what happened, so I don't know for sure if she is/isn't a pedo. But the way she embraces that persona sure makes me think she is, at least, a creeper.
    I NEVER understand why people draw such things. And if somebody ask you your opinion about it and you tell them what you think about it you getting "Why you overreacting? Its just ART!"

Quote Originally Posted by Verona View Post
    I NEVER understand why people draw such things. And if somebody ask you your opinion about it and you tell them what you think about it you getting "Why you overreacting? Its just ART!"
    It's not so much what they were drawing, but how they were acting and what they were posting in journals.
    It was really, really disturbing to say the least.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuvvums View Post
    And it sort of reminds me of when I was young and how cool I felt for "trolling" people. Fiz probably saw some of it years ago and I don't think I'm that proud at all. I was starting to wonder if the internet has become more hostile and vicious, or if I'm just getting old and surrounded by people who were what I used to be.
    Nah, it's just that you've grown up and matured. I used to troll and generally just be a big douche intentionally a lot but over the years I just decided that it wasn't worth spending my time that way anymore - the stress wasn't worth it. I'll still be a snarky asshole but the trolllololool shit is old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
    the complaints forum still exist? then again """trolling""" groups on DA still exist which i find hilarious as most are going after 14 year olds who use anime bases
    The "troll" groups there are so hostile and ridiculous and I'm not even sure how they're still up. I've seen some pro-nazism crap over there before that remains up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    Once I saw that dA allows trolling groups I pretty much... side-eyed at it.
    It was kind of like a "wow, really?" sort of thing. I can't explain it too well.
    Freedumb of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuvvums View Post
    On top of that, when someone reports art theft of someone else's work they are called an "interested third party." When someone reports theft of their own work, even if there is a watermark of their username over the stolen work, they're told that the situation is "complex" and they must file a DMCA claim.
    I believe the issue about users not being able to report if they aren't the one who's being personally affected has been there for a while. I remember reporting art theft a long time ago and being given that copypaste message.
    The thing about DMCA reports is humorous because it's basically saying that unless you have a lawyer, fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomiKamikaze View Post
    Just like teachers and professors, staff can make or break a site. According to lolly, a former staff member, working at dA was frustrating and he had a phone thrown at his head once from his boss.
    What I find humorous about the staff team is the story about a user who created comics complaining about DA's staff and features.
    Deviantart took this user and invited them to come check out HQ and see what Deviantart was like. When they came back, they turned into an absolute ass-kisser and kind of did a 180* on everything they said before. I guess our concerns about art theft are kind of laughable to the staff there, because it was a bit in the comic.
    And then they did another 180* and resumed complaining about the site.
    Then they did another 180* and said that they "needed to get a life" instead of complaining about the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    The community is absolute shit too. It's worse of a hugbox than FA.
    They're hugboxes in different ways. DA is a hugbox for 12 year old tracers, FA is a hugbox for adult creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    Tracing has always been allowed on dA, and should be allowed anywhere. I personally don't trace, but I don't see the big deal in it. I'd only really be bothered if my art was actually stolen - that is, reuploaded under a different artists' name.
    The issue with tracing is that you can spend literally hours drawing a piece only to have someone trace it and potentially make money off of your hard work. It's a huge slap in the face to anybody who's put their heart and soul into their art.

DeviantArt is less about sharing art and skills and more about money - this is why the dumbass points system was put in, to take money from you and turn it into "points" that are literally worth less than a single penny.

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    If it weren't for the fact the majority of Fractalists are on DA (and in the Apo chat..) I wouldn't even have an account there. But alas, if I wanna talk with my fellow Fractalists, I had to make an account to use the chatroom. =(

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    The issue with tracing is that you can spend literally hours drawing a piece only to have someone trace it and potentially make money off of your hard work. It's a huge slap in the face to anybody who's put their heart and soul into their art.
    That reminds me - don't a lot of people get commissioned and paid to draw copyright characters for Nintendo or Sega or whatever else all the time on dA/FA/etc? But that's no big deal.

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    That reminds me - don't a lot of people get commissioned and paid to draw copyright characters for Nintendo or Sega or whatever else all the time on dA/FA/etc? But that's no big deal.
    Yea that has always bothered me and is why I'll never buy a print or commission art of a copyrighted character the artist does not already own. I'm not comfortable with it at all.