Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 268
  1. #161
    I completely know how you feel, Jenny. I'm a member of several groups up there, but there's such an outrageous number of submissions in said groups, that I can't bring myself to rifle through them. My idea of "checking messages" is usually hitting the mass-delete button. I miss the sense of community I used to have. Never did get involved with forums on any other art site though. This does make me feel more involved in things.

  2. #162
    <3 Aku & Toothpick Verona's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Verona
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    148
    Its bad this thread died. Because Im very curious about what you think about DA right now!

  3. #163
    Having volunteered, I actually quite like the site.
    But ... I recognize that I can't be completely neutral when speaking about the site and that my experiences with it are not experiences everyone has had.

    Personally, I've had the luck so far to only have had my copyright infringed once or twice, and reports were handled quickly.
    I must say, however, that I was lucky enough to avoid Realitysquared as the admin handling the TTs. Most admins on dA are not that bad as people make them out to be, but R2 is ... "unique" (to put it politely) in his approach with art-theft and copyright-infringement and he always has been.

  4. #164
    Senior Willow's Avatar
    Weasyl
    willy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    333
    The site is unappealing to me now. The layout being one of the biggest problems I have with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Personally, I've had the luck so far to only have had my copyright infringed once or twice, and reports were handled quickly.
    I must say, however, that I was lucky enough to avoid Realitysquared as the admin handling the TTs. Most admins on dA are not that bad as people make them out to be, but R2 is ... "unique" (to put it politely) in his approach with art-theft and copyright-infringement and he always has been.
    From some of the stories I've heard, someone like that shouldn't be an admin. I get that copyright laws are hard to protect over the internet especially on art sites like dA where anyone can put up art, but it sounded like he doesn't even really try to help the artists.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    From some of the stories I've heard, someone like that shouldn't be an admin. I get that copyright laws are hard to protect over the internet especially on art sites like dA where anyone can put up art, but it sounded like he doesn't even really try to help the artists.
    And I fully agree with that, don't get me wrong. But I'm just trying to say that not all admins are like Realitysquared.
    I mean, if I noticed infringement, be it of my own works or of copyrighted sprites (like from Nintendo), I usually just went straight to either Moonbeam13 or another mod because I knew that they would actually review it, discuss it and take adequate action.

  6. #166
    <3 Aku & Toothpick Verona's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Verona
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    148
    I have bad experience with it to be honest. But I wont rly leave DA because I have a lot fans there. I wish DA rly changing some things. Like they make useless features instead of fixing bugs like Explorer and Chrome dont work well with the site. Weasyl, FA, and other galleries load fine, no problems, but DA rly does And thats rly bad.
    And yes, the whole copyright thing, its getting out of hand to be honest same for trolls who trying to ruin DA or the pages of deviants. I never understand why people spend their time to trolling or spread hate around there. Its so sad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    PS: I saw you are from Belgium. Can you speak Dutch as well? Im from the Netherlands.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Verona View Post
    I have bad experience with it to be honest. But I wont rly leave DA because I have a lot fans there. I wish DA rly changing some things. Like they make useless features instead of fixing bugs like Explorer and Chrome dont work well with the site. Weasyl, FA, and other galleries load fine, no problems, but DA rly does And thats rly bad.
    And yes, the whole copyright thing, its getting out of hand to be honest same for trolls who trying to ruin DA or the pages of deviants. I never understand why people spend their time to trolling or spread hate around there. Its so sad.
    When it comes to bugs: if you're on dA, you probably have noticed the updates that they post from time to time, no?
    You could either bring up the issue of the bug there, or you could go via the helpdesk. I know the helpdesk is preferred by the admins, but if you go via the announcement, more people can indicate that they're having the same issue. Plus, if I recall correctly, there's a section in the Help-desk where they document the known bugs that they are working on to fix them.

    ETA: and yep, I speak Flemish! However, as I presume the forum is English only, it'd be best not to start in moonspeak in the threads here. :'D

  8. #168
    <3 Aku & Toothpick Verona's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Verona
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    The site is unappealing to me now. The layout being one of the biggest problems I have with it.

    From some of the stories I've heard, someone like that shouldn't be an admin. I get that copyright laws are hard to protect over the internet especially on art sites like dA where anyone can put up art, but it sounded like he doesn't even really try to help the artists.
    I agreed with you Willow. A friend of mine reported a thief, and got this reply back. "Block her and ignore her". I was like "But this way, admins, you make people go down the level, this way people make accounts and start trolling the thief...."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    When it comes to bugs: if you're on dA, you probably have noticed the updates that they post from time to time, no?
    You could either bring up the issue of the bug there, or you could go via the helpdesk. I know the helpdesk is preferred by the admins, but if you go via the announcement, more people can indicate that they're having the same issue. Plus, if I recall correctly, there's a section in the Help-desk where they document the known bugs that they are working on to fix them.

    ETA: and yep, I speak Flemish! However, as I presume the forum is English only, it'd be best not to start in moonspeak in the threads here. :'D
    Hahaha I know! I was curious, I knew people from Belgium who didnt spoke a word Dutch.
    I know, I reported it before, but never got a reply back And it was last year. Hmmmmm! I shall try again!

  9. #169
    Senior Vae's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the sky
    Gender
    Ludwig Von Koopa
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Verona View Post
    I never understand why people spend their time to trolling or spread hate around there. Its so sad.
    The same reason people do anything on the internet:
    Because it entertains them.
    I mean, you might not agree with their methods, sure. But the actual reasoning behind it doesn't lose its meaning just because it's a "negative" practice as opposed to a positive. The motivations are pretty easy to discern.


    On topic: Deviantart pisses me off because of its practices and its constant pushing of Premium Membershit.
    Just sucks that it's where most of the audience is.
    Resident Koopa Trash

  10. #170
    Senior Infestissumam's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelune View Post
    I just found out today that DA allows tracing, and the only people that can really report art-theft or tracing are the creators of the original work, even if some stuff was made from anime screen-caps and what not...I'm very depressed now...

    I hope this place never allows Tracing, Un-Original bases, etc....
    Tracing has always been allowed on dA, and should be allowed anywhere. I personally don't trace, but I don't see the big deal in it. I'd only really be bothered if my art was actually stolen - that is, reuploaded under a different artists' name.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •