Weasyl
    Aaawhyme

Can't change character pictures after submission

I am slightly confused on the Character Profile that one can put on their user profile. For the pictures you upload for these characters, do they have to be drawn by you or can they be drawn by someone else (with credit to post, obviously)?

I also noticed (or I am utterly blind, my apologies) I cannot seem to find any way to change the main picture for the character profile. Is there any way to switch the picture that is up with another picture - and can there/is there a place to incorporate more reference pictures, rather than just one picture, on the Character's profile.

Please let me know! I'm sorry if I've addressed an issue that has already be talked about. I'm very new to the site. ;_;

Can't change character pictures after submission

Last edited by weykent; 12-12-2012 at 01:28 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover-chan View Post
    I can only have one picture, permanently, and I can't add any others.
    this is a succinct summary of the current state of things, yes. I don't know about any plans to be able to add more character pictures; was that something you were told you'd be able to do, or is it just something you'd like to do?

regardless, there should be an option to re-upload character pictures. it's just not there yet. I'll try to work on it soon.

From what I've read from other topics that mention this, an image replacement function is on its way, as well as the ability to have character submissions WITHOUT images, as was originally planned.

Weasyl
    GingerM
    If I may, I'd like to add in a couple of other things:

1) It would be wonderful for the user to have the option of uploading an image or selecting one from their gallery or collection as the main character image. This would go a long way toward helping to encourage the use of collections, since a number of people commission artists to draw their character for them (ref sheets, etc.)

2) It would be a nice touch to allow the user to add links - let's say up to five, just to pick a number- to other images of their character on Weasyl. These would, ideally, appear thumbnail size below the character information, and again, be links to entries in the user's gallery or collections.
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
    If I may, I'd like to add in a couple of other things:

1) It would be wonderful for the user to have the option of uploading an image or selecting one from their gallery or collection as the main character image. This would go a long way toward helping to encourage the use of collections, since a number of people commission artists to draw their character for them (ref sheets, etc.)

2) It would be a nice touch to allow the user to add links - let's say up to five, just to pick a number- to other images of their character on Weasyl. These would, ideally, appear thumbnail size below the character information, and again, be links to entries in the user's gallery or collections.
    this is the site and forum support forum, not the site discussion forum. please keep suggestions and idle discussion in the latter, and leave the former for fixing concrete issues.

Weasyl
    GingerM
    Necro-bumping, I know, but wondering if there is/will be a way to update/change a character picture without having to delete and re-post the character? I've been forced to do this two or three times now and it is annoying.
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    merged two threads on the same subject. no, I haven't gotten around to this yet, and it's unlikely I'll be able to work on this (or anything weasyl-related) for the rest of this month at least.

Quote Originally Posted by weykent View Post
    merged two threads on the same subject. no, I haven't gotten around to this yet, and it's unlikely I'll be able to work on this (or anything weasyl-related) for the rest of this month at least.
    Bump. It's been more than a month now.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Bump. It's been more than a month now.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and wait, but weykent has a wrist injury, so he's not really coding much while he heals up. Thanks.