Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Demu

Monster Hunter Thread

I absolutely love Monster Hunter. I got into the craze a bit late with Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, but nonetheless I feel like it's the perfect game for me! How many of you guys love Monster Hunter?

I'm really excited about the MH news CAPCOM promised recently. And I saw a screenshot of a potential PS Vita Monster Hunter.

This one: http://i.imgur.com/fW1Ra.jpg

Though it could be a fake. The UI looks a bit iffy to me. OR IT COULD BE A NEW MONSTER HUNTER FRONTIER UPDATE. IDK.

We'll see!

Discuss Monster Hunter!
    Last edited by Demu; 07-27-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    yes
    yeessssss
    I approve of this thread

AND A NEW MH GAME?

WUTTTTTTTTTTT

MH is one of my fave games. I've been playing since it was first released on the PS2. I sucked at it back then, I never finished it. However, I'm quite far with the PSP versions of MH, and the Wii version of MH was also great. But it felt... different. I'm not certain I liked it as much, but it did have a lot of great things going for it that I'd like to see in the other games, such as underwater hunts, bowgun mix-n-matching, and the monster designs. I really loved the Great Jaggi.

I hope Monster Hunter: Frontier comes to the PC in the western world. It's like the perfect game for the "hardcore" PC audience. Not to mention, co-op!

Say, what's your favourite weapon classes? Mine is probably the longswords. Despite not being able to block, there's great fun to be had with agility and pulling off combos with them makes me feel like a boss. Also, Light bowguns <3

It's high time that I did some MH-inspired art, but I don't feel particularly confident as of late :I

Weasyl
    Demu
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    yes
    yeessssss
    I approve of this thread

AND A NEW MH GAME?

WUTTTTTTTTTTT

MH is one of my fave games. I've been playing since it was first released on the PS2. I sucked at it back then, I never finished it. However, I'm quite far with the PSP versions of MH, and the Wii version of MH was also great. But it felt... different. I'm not certain I liked it as much, but it did have a lot of great things going for it that I'd like to see in the other games, such as underwater hunts, bowgun mix-n-matching, and the monster designs. I really loved the Great Jaggi.

I hope Monster Hunter: Frontier comes to the PC in the western world. It's like the perfect game for the "hardcore" PC audience. Not to mention, co-op!

Say, what's your favourite weapon classes? Mine is probably the longswords. Despite not being able to block, there's great fun to be had with agility and pulling off combos with them makes me feel like a boss. Also, Light bowguns <3

It's high time that I did some MH-inspired art, but I don't feel particularly confident as of late :I
    I absolutely adore the hammer. IT IS MY FAVORITE WEAPON EVER. Breaking faces all around.

My friend Nuku and I play MHTri on the Wii and we make a great team. xD Hammer and bowgun.~

I really wish I didn't had to take my PSP or Wii out of the mothballs to get into the series. But at this point with the low sales of the series in both Europe and the US I don't see any more coming out. That is, unless the consensus has changed over time. But with no Tri G so far for us 3DS owners and 4 already around the corner I don't have my hopes high. And one coming to the Vita... I don't want to buy one just for that game but it's tempting. Aargh damn you Capcom. :<

Weasyl
    Demu
    There's a new game called Ragnarok Odyssey that's coming out very soon and it's similar to Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Online! You should look it up.~ It's on the Vita though!

I only ever played Tri but man did I sink a lot of time into that game.
    Also this.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I only ever played Tri but man did I sink a lot of time into that game.
    Also this.
    10/10 too perfect

Last edited by Sinjo; 07-31-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Sinjo, if you posted a pic or something, it isn't showing up. Or at least not for me. 6_9

But meh, Ps3 monster hunter. I'm much more interested in that Monster Hunter: Frontier dealio they got going.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Sinjo, if you posted a pic or something, it isn't showing up. Or at least not for me. 6_9

But meh, Ps3 monster hunter. I'm much more interested in that Monster Hunter: Frontier dealio they got going.
    Should be fixed.

That being said, I'm not hopeful for Frontier any time soon.