Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    I totally understand cult-following movies. Troll 2 was such an atrocity it was actually hilarious.

On the other hand...I don't see how Howard the Duck had a following. Okay, yes the special effects were alright, but it was an adult film with childlike humor, and had no correlation with the comic meat-wise. Not to mention awkward bestiality scenes and the "Evil Alien Overlord". It was funny, but after a point you can see why Lucasfilm disowned it.

But the worst film, that makes HtD look good, is Birdemic. Not only the first 30 minutes is of a guy driving to work, but movie logic: Apparently, the Ford Mustang GT gets 100 mpg, hawks explode upon impact with a building, and global warming causes birds to become man-eating zombies. Oh! Oh! Don't forget you kill animated .gifs of hawks hovering with COAT HANGERS! A sequel is coming out soon, too, I can't wait. XD

Two words

Cougar Hunting

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    @piņardilla
    Why, why would you link me to movie tropes? I've lost hours, days of productivity to that site and it's wealth of entirely useless information! A portion of my brain is now permanently reserved for the knowledge that Vasquez Always Dies! I didn't need to know that! Why would you do this to me? WHY?!?!?! ;n;

Also, do keep in mind people, these are not movies that are enjoyably bad. These are movies that are just bad.

This is a weird one for me, because it's a movie that a lot of people seemed to like. I hated Easy A. Just...hated it. The antagonists were lazy, one dimensional characters usually reserved for a Family Guy one-off gag, the main message was ham fisted, the parents were like someone saw Amy Poehler's character in Mean Girls and thought her style of parenting was a great idea. I mean, I get why it was successful. Movies with a message don't really need to be good so long as people agree with what they're trying to say. Still, there wasn't a single hook for me here. And the relationship to The Scarlet Letter crammed down your throat, despite the fact that it's used as a symbol for something that means something entirely different. The movie is promoting the idea that sleeping around doesn't make you a bad person. And they chose a motif that is primarily about how lying about the bad things you've done will destroy you to convey that. I didn't think it was possible for me to feel like something ruined source material I didn't like. The girl in A doesn't cheat on anyone, and she only pretends to sleep around to help people. But, I know why the chose the Scarlet Letter for this story. It's because they wouldn't have been able to make a movie about a chick boldly portraying herself as someone who sleeps around using a word like whore or slut and make it PG-13. Come to think about it, everything about this movie is coldly calculated to hit it's target demographic.
    1. The parents are every teenagers dream, completely fine with their kids sex life, imposing no restrictions at all, and they act more like friends instead of parents.
    2. The main character gains a reputation as someone who sleeps around, but actually doesn't. That way, people can support the idea of someone sleeping around without having to try and connect with a person who actually does. (There are people who would anyway, but this widens the target demographic.)
    3. The antagonists are the cut-and-paste villains that have shown up in nearly every popular TV show in the past decade, and are entirely one dimensional so the audience can feel comfortable disliking them.
    If Ben and Arthur is a movie that let it's message get in the way of it's story telling, Easy A used it's message as a vehicle to draw in a crowd. Yeah, there were more good moments in it, and the cinematography was about what you'd expect from a movie of it's genre, (decent, but not ground breaking.) but it said nothing new and just came off as a coldly calculated mess.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Honestly I didn't find anything enjoyable about Birdemic. I just wanted to die watching it, since most of the film is like....guy driving...5 minutes of applauding people...and the acting was horrendous, not even funny horrendous, just wooden.

Another movie I found horrendously bad (and the only film I literally threw up at) was a short called "The Kitchen Sink". Not only horrifying, but nonsensical. Maybe someone would like it, but I sure as hell didn't.

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomiKamikaze View Post
    Honestly I didn't find anything enjoyable about Birdemic. I just wanted to die watching it, since most of the film is like....guy driving...5 minutes of applauding people...and the acting was horrendous, not even funny horrendous, just wooden.
    You want to know why you didn't like Birdemic? Because you support Global Warming! (*dramatic music stings*)

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsyk View Post
    You want to know why you didn't like Birdemic? Because you support Global Warming! (*dramatic music stings*)
    *gasp* :O It's TRUE! *jumps out window and dies*

Actually, I take back what I said about Birdemic. THIS was the worst.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic...Legend_Goes_On
    Not only is it just...bad, it's also pretty offensive to the people who died on the ship. (This is the rapping dog "Party Time" origin)

CMON EVERYBODY ITS PARTY TIME! *and suddenly, boom box in 1912!* 8B

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomiKamikaze View Post
    *gasp* :O It's TRUE! *jumps out window and dies*

Actually, I take back what I said about Birdemic. THIS was the worst.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic...Legend_Goes_On
    Not only is it just...bad, it's also pretty offensive to the people who died on the ship. (This is the rapping dog "Party Time" origin)

CMON EVERYBODY ITS PARTY TIME! *and suddenly, boom box in 1912!* 8B
    Actually, the other animated Titanic movie was worse...

Weasyl
    Flygon
    Chicken Park must have been the only movie my Father and I stopped watching half-way through. Sure, we like terrible movies, but we have limits.

Weasyl
    Hlavco
    The Rugrats Movie

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    Chicken Park must have been the only movie my Father and I stopped watching half-way through. Sure, we like terrible movies, but we have limits.
    Is that like Ken Park, but with birds? Because that might be really funny.