Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The button is a ghost. I can click on it, yet can't see it. I have to randomly touch the upper right area and it'd show, and would be able to reply. But the button/text itself is just a ghost in there.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    This thread sparked my curiosity so I downloaded the latest version of Opera (12.1.2) on my phone (Motorola Droid Bionic, Android v.4.0.4), and the comment box is showing up just fine. Hopefully that helps you guys narrow it down.
    Referring to 'Opera' on a phone is odd because they actually put out two versions: Opera Mobile and Opera Mini. Mobile is a smaller version of the normal Opera browser, while Mini is a very slim version that always utilizes Opera's Turbo service (website compression). Stuff tends to break more in Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Skoll View Post
    The button is a ghost. I can click on it, yet can't see it. I have to randomly touch the upper right area and it'd show, and would be able to reply. But the button/text itself is just a ghost in there.
    Pushed out a fix to simply show these links (reply, hide) by default on smaller screens, since by and large they're mostly touchscreens at those resolutions these days anyway. Does this help solve your problem?

There might be another way to reduce these sorts of problems. Enable Tapatalk support. It provides a basic backend interface for numerous mobile devices, and this way, if there are these sorts of translation/functionality issues on the mobile platforms, it's not something Weasyl has to deal with as much. I mentioned Tapatalk in a premium thread, but it may not have been read by the forum admins who work that side.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Quote Originally Posted by skylerbunny View Post
    There might be another way to reduce these sorts of problems. Enable Tapatalk support. It provides a basic backend interface for numerous mobile devices, and this way, if there are these sorts of translation/functionality issues on the mobile platforms, it's not something Weasyl has to deal with as much. I mentioned Tapatalk in a premium thread, but it may not have been read by the forum admins who work that side.
    Thanks for the link; looks like it would be useful for our forums. I'll bring it up with the forum peeps. c:
    (edit: notified taw and emi)

This reply link issue was related to the mainsite, however, which is not built on top of any kind of prepackaged forum software. Looks like Tapatalk has an API, but I don't see how the art site social model would translate well into a forum-oriented app. That, and it'll be a lot of work when there are much higher-priority things in the pipeline (e.g. making groups work).
    Last edited by Aden; 12-02-2012 at 12:31 PM.

With regards to the Opera mobile browsers, due to the weird compression techniques they use and the changes they make to the way compression is carried out, some bugs and issues will probably appear that can't be fixed without major (and rather excessive work). Most sites tend to give Opera a miss for this reason, and focus on the main Android/iOS and PC browsers instead.

For those on Android 2.1 I would strongly recommend seeking an alternative browser, if it's compatible Dolphin has the greatest speed and compatibility with most sites, and the default Android browser has a greater compatibility than Opera too.

It doesn't help in your present situation, but the newer versions of android feature Chrome as standard (or an unbranded variation) and work perfectly with the site. Rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM may be beneficial but only do so if you know what you're doing.

Oops, sorry. Missed that this was mainsite and not forums. Even so, it does provide that simple consistent display method for the forums and makes them generally more accessible, as you said. See you around the forums!