Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't reply to comments on android

On my android phone I'm unable to reply to comments in the art site. I don't know if anyone has encounter this issue yet or is not part of the layout for mobile OS. Thought I'd let you guys know.
    Last edited by weykent; 11-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Are you able to provide information regarding Phone make and OS version?
    It can help determine if its version specific or across all devices like that

I'm using a Motorola i867, Android 2.1.

I can't reply to anything, can comment and such, but never reply to.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    what happens when you try to reply? when you say you can comment, you mean you can comment on the same page as you tried to reply?

The reply button itself is missing. There is no option for a reply.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Alright, let's get this sorted out. First, what browser are you using on your android device (so that I can look into replicating this issue)? I've made comment reply links always visible on touchscreens, but I'm guessing your browser's not reporting touch capability correctly and I'll work around it another way.

I'm using Opera. I couldn't find the reply button, even try touching the screen everywhere, could it been an invisible button or something, but nothing.

This thread sparked my curiosity so I downloaded the latest version of Opera (12.1.2) on my phone (Motorola Droid Bionic, Android v.4.0.4), and the comment box is showing up just fine. Hopefully that helps you guys narrow it down.
    Icon by Lingrimm.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    This thread sparked my curiosity so I downloaded the latest version of Opera (12.1.2) on my phone (Motorola Droid Bionic, Android v.4.0.4), and the comment box is showing up just fine. Hopefully that helps you guys narrow it down.
    the issue isn't the lack of a comment box. to reply to a comment, there's a 'reply' button/link that shows up on the comment which makes commenting a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by weykent View Post
    the issue isn't the lack of a comment box. to reply to a comment, there's a 'reply' button/link that shows up on the comment which makes commenting a reply.
    That's also there.
    Icon by Lingrimm.