Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    StudioTRUE

Evafans preparing for the 3rd impact

Something tells me you lurk /a/, or at least /m/

Either way, I'm gonna get into Eva soon. I'm gonna watch the TV series first, of course, and then wait till the movies are completely out an done, unless old man Anno decides to keep going till Eva 9999.99: These movies will (not) end

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Well for the current movie series (rebuild) there's only going to be 4. It's best you check out the old stuff as well to get a feel of what's happening.

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    Ah, it's good to see other Eva fans on here. Admittedly, I got into the series very late compared to most anime fans (2010 onwards) but I do love the series very much, chiefly for its sound design, full-orchestral soundtrack, stylistic screenplay and editing (both TV series and Rebuild) but also for the quality of art and animation they put into the Rebuild series, especially with the additional scenes in 2.2, You Can (Not) Advance. And for me personally, it was refreshing to see vulnerable characters struggle and cope with the lot they'd been given (though, it was sad that the original series went over-budget and had to cut corners, and Anno suffered deeply from depression halfway through production).

So, as you can tell, I'm very excited to see what 3.3. has to offer, especially as Third Impact and The Promised Time will likely feature a lot of new material that the original series did not have the opportunity to cover (like Asuka's survival and looking mentally stable this time; Kaoru's self-awareness, i.e. "THIS time, I WILL make you happy, Shinji", and of course, Marisa's role in all this)

Reading the encouraging numbers for the Japanese cinematic release last weekend and rumours Funimation are shooting for a Q1 2013 dub release (mind you, Mike McFarland's enthusiasm and the positive American reception will helpfully secure a not-too-long delay) make the wait more agonising, but it'll be worth it. At least, I think so anyway.

Weasyl
    Vine
    Spoilers: Kaworu is gay for Shinji and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vine View Post
    Spoilers: Kaworu is gay for Shinji and dies.
    How is that a spoiler? I thought that was always true.

Weasyl
    Vine
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    How is that a spoiler? I thought that was always true.
    Yes, that's the joke.

Gendou x Pen Pen 4EVA

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha