Weasyl
    SammyFox

Garfield: His nine lives

"By now, diana was 14. Diana could no longer make it on her own on the top of the piano, but fortunately, neither could little billy. That evening, I could tell diana wasn't feeling well, so I put billy to bed early, and performed a whole concert, just for diana. I never played better. When I finished, Diana didn't want to leave the piano.

"Good night, diana."

Sometime, during night, diana managed to get down onto the keyboard. She laid down, put her face in her folded paws, and quietly passed away."

WHY DO YOU MAKE ME SAD SO MUCH GARFIELD ;o;

Aside from that bit, I love that special >: In fact, it's one of the few things that never get old to me, even though I have to get through "Diana's Piano" every single time to get to my favourite part-- "Lab animal". every parts are funny, and in case of Diana's Piano and Lab Animal, they're not funny but at least they're still great, and the art shifts not only look interesting, the animation is pretty good as well.

If your kids bother you to get those cgi abominations, get them that special along with dvds of the garfield and friends cartoon. They'll thank you. Even though they'll have to go through Diana's piano. like all of us. >:U

Also, the transformation sequence in Lab animal looks super painful >: poor cat.

Oh god, that one is a tearjerker.

Weasyl
    Popful
    Sam, I love your icon and sig.

Anyway, I'm only familiar with the comic version of that special, but I liked it, especially the Sam Spayed part.

I think the most disturbing part was when an incarnation of him got possessed by a demon and ends with him about to attack his owner, an elderly woman. "Tigger... Come play with maw maw."

Does anyone remember this one Garfield special where there was a cat with Garfield's coloring but drawn more realistically? I don't remember what happened except that at the end something BAD happened to it. Maybe it was a Halloween special? I couldn't find it even searching for it online.

Weasyl
    Popful
    Sounds like what I described, but other than that I dunno.