Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Made Any Programs?

I'm mostly web technologies and scripting languages. Though recently I did do two very large applications in VB.NET for a chemical company. (I wanted to use C# but bleh, they forced me to use VB). The first was a monitoring program and the second was a telephone messaging and routing system.

My most recent endevour has been a comic-book web app for the iPad. I know JavaScript isn't stricting a programming langauge in that it is not compiled - but its programming syntax non-the-less. Already got a basic one up and running for MNTGaiden.

View on an iPad if you want: else it redirects. http://benanderson.homeip.net/mntg_mobile

I do stress basic (doesn't even rotate correctly - visit and view it in portrait mode - there's probably still a lot of bugs in it as well)

I'm primarily a C# developer, but have been getting into Android, Javascript and Python projects lately. (Including Weasyl)

My big projects have been:

FAExtender for Firefox and Chrome
    MyConbook for Android and Mobile Web

Weasyl
    Onnes
    I write numerical simulations in Fortran 90. I drink a lot.

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    I remember back in high school I programmed a clone of 'Drugwars' on my TI-83 using their BASIC language

Thems were the days
    Haha, that's awesome! My senior year I found a TI-83 and man, programming on it was a great way to pass the time. Everything from Pong to guessing games. That calculator also got me through the final exam, if it weren't for the programs I wrote beforehand, I don't know if I would have passed, haha.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I do :
    x86 assembly
    680x0 assembly
    Z80 assembly
    AVR assembly
    SuperH-x assembly
    C54xx assembly
    C55xx assembly
    QuickBASIC
    FreeBASIC

I have made some games, and bunch of untils to make games, lot of control software for various hardware I have created and am creating, sound related programs and the list goes on.

I mainly specialize in things that have under 10Mhz CPU speeds.

Not so much a program, but a script.
    I made a short script that opens and closes the cd tray every other minutes.
    It was a prank thing I made for the public school computers and if someone forgot to logout I'd put it in their desktop from my memory stick.
    You can find the instructions pretty easily online

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    When I was doing VB in Year 11 we had to be in a group of at least two, at most four make a fun game.
    My two classmates and I made a frogger clone called "Extreme Jaywalking".

I have started learning vb.net 2003 in school^^
    It kind of caught and since then I made a large amounts of codings in various places...
    However, I was warned, so I didn't study programming as I like that as a hobby. So, Physics was the obvious choice^^

Of course I learned some other languages during my study-time as well...
    I guess that would be python, c++, c#.NET, LabView, some assemblers, LaTeX, Linux-shell, Windows-batch etc....
    On my own accord I learned proper HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, MySQL, PHP (->Ajax), htaccess, AHK, gimp-script-fu and a lot of smaller scripts.
    OK, CSS3, HTML and LaTeX aren't programming Languages^^ But still somehow avoided by non-code lovers^^

For Programs... I never had a nice site that I felt comfortable uploading everything on... even my own Homepage-attempts were often just cut off by me having a nice idea for a program or something else to do (home)^^

So, I guess the first was Calculadora & Trav-Kart for Travian (Browsergame) which still somehow work in vb.net 2003.
    Then during my last year of Gymnasium I made a math-program for the elementary school which synchronized with a network-intern database and adapted to the children's progress.
    Also a lot of nice little tools... a lot of webpages and VPN-clients... most bigger projects were on shop-systems like prestashop, so I don't think I can link you to one as an example here^^
    I also experimented with KI and neural networks by building a Monopoly with one NPC. I made him a little too strong, though^^
    There was also my B.Sc Physics Thesis which was based on making a program to read out a camera which was located at the end of an ion-beam (of course with an phosphorscreen) within a high vacuum. It also used some basic image-enhancement-algorithm and analyzed the picture...
    Later for a lecture a little program to emulate interaction of many-particly systems by using 4th-Runge-Kutta algorithm...
    Lately I mostly write userscripts, which are actually on userscripts.org^^
    http://userscripts.org/users/145513/scripts

I guess that's a good summarization about the first post's question from 2 years ago^^