Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Made Any Programs?

Weasyl
    oneandonly

Made Any Programs?

I thought it would be interesting to make a section where people could share programs that they have made. I always like sharing programs that I have made, so I figured I'm not the only one. I'll start.

BASIC Stamp Touch Sensitivity (PBASIC)

HughesNet Fair Use Monitor (Visual Basic 2010)

PekinOS (Assembly/Visual Basic)

WeasylAPI.NET (Visual Basic 2010 (To be ported to Visual Basic 2012 possibly))

Note that all of this lead you to the info pages.
    Last edited by oneandonly; 07-27-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I have a diploma in computer science, so I haven't had a choice. Made so many ridiculously useless programs that I'm now allergic to it @_@

I mean, I know how to make a calculator in Java, C++ and VB. But fuck that, I'm sick of these things thanks to being forced to do it 80 hours a week xD

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I have a diploma in computer science, so I haven't had a choice. Made so many ridiculously useless programs that I'm now allergic to it @_@

I mean, I know how to make a calculator in Java, C++ and VB. But fuck that, I'm sick of these things thanks to being forced to do it 80 hours a week xD
    Lol, I've pretty much learned everything I know now myself. I've read a couple books on Visual Basic, but that's all. Assembly though, eugh.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Lol, I've pretty much learned everything I know now myself. I've read a couple books on Visual Basic, but that's all. Assembly though, eugh.
    VB is my favorite language.

Ever.

I mean holy shit, it basically writes itself, finishes your sentences for you, graphical interfaces are so much easier to make with it and the errors even make sense, as opposed to a certain language *throws knives at Java*

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    VB is my favorite language.

Ever.

I mean holy shit, it basically writes itself, finishes your sentences for you, graphical interfaces are so much easier to make with it and the errors even make sense, as opposed to a certain language *throws knives at Java*
    Unfortunately, people like to hate it because it has the word "Basic" in it. When people laugh that I use it, it's usually someone using C#. People don't understand that .NET is .NET. Almost anything you can do in C# can be done in VB.NET. Why would there be so many converters online if they weren't so similar? But yeah, I really enjoy programming in Visual Basic. One thing I will admit though, is that it seems like it allows for bad programming habits more than other languages, I haven't noticed it, but what do I know, I'm self taught. xP

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Unfortunately, people like to hate it because it has the word "Basic" in it. When people laugh that I use it, it's usually someone using C#. People don't understand that .NET is .NET. Almost anything you can do in C# can be done in VB.NET. Why would there be so many converters online if they weren't so similar? But yeah, I really enjoy programming in Visual Basic. One thing I will admit though, is that it seems like it allows for bad programming habits more than other languages, I haven't noticed it, but what do I know, I'm self taught. xP
    It's perfect for lazy people like me xD

Also, people are stupid.

The last thing I made that's considered as a program was a Monopoly money manager in Java, but that was way back in January. I didn't know how to handle errors properly, and there are several blocks of code in it that are either unnecessary or slow the program down.

Also, I've been learning PHP over the summer and used those skills to make a dumb blog/database system (lol MySQL).
    aaaaaa

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidStrike View Post
    The last thing I made that's considered as a program was a Monopoly money manager in Java, but that was way back in January. I didn't know how to handle errors properly, and there are several blocks of code in it that are either unnecessary or slow the program down.

Also, I've been learning PHP over the summer and used those skills to make a dumb blog/database system (lol MySQL).
    MySQL? Aww, I prefer SQL Plus by so far it's almost ridiculous. For some reason, I really love SQL Plus, it's just so chill! (even though you have to work on both SQL Plus and Wordpad at the same time and that it's a old as shit program and it's fairly complicated and typos are unavoidable etc etc)

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    MySQL? Aww, I prefer SQL Plus by so far it's almost ridiculous. For some reason, I really love SQL Plus, it's just so chill! (even though you have to work on both SQL Plus and Wordpad at the same time and that it's a old as shit program and it's fairly complicated and typos are unavoidable etc etc)
    Nope. POSTGRESQL 4 LYFE! No really though, I'm not a fan of it.

Weasyl
    Brace
    I've been meaning to write a few scripts to help simplify basic day-to-day networking tasks, but I've been really lazy. Right now I've only ever written code for homework assignments. I guess that makes me lame.