Weasyl
    Taelune

Name changes on the Art Site?

I read in the facts that this is a feature, but for some odd reason I'm not finding it. Is there a way to change my name on the Art Site? I'm not gonna do it just yet, but in a while I'm gonna be changing my account on DA and my name, and I prefer to have all my account names match. you know it being easier to remember and everything.

I'd really appreciate the support!

And for those that want an explanation. I've been planning this for a while on DA to move back to my oldest account (This was before they implemented the name change feature), but I'm not allowed to change my name to match my existing account, even if I change its current name, so I had to think of a new one..(which bites)
    Last edited by Taelune; 11-11-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

We certainly can, assuming of course the new name is not already taken! When you're ready, just email support@weasyl.com with the relevant information.

Weasyl
    Taelune
    Ok! Thank you very much, and do the same rules apply that are set for the Forums where we can only request a change once a month?

I'd imagine the rule is along the lines of, so long as you aren't taking the biscuit, then it's alright, but multiple changes to and from and generally being indecisive would likely be a no.

Most places go by a once per month/two months, so out of politeness, even if it's allowed more frequently, I tend to go by that.

Weasyl
    Taelune
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    I'd imagine the rule is along the lines of, so long as you aren't taking the biscuit, then it's alright, but multiple changes to and from and generally being indecisive would likely be a no.

Most places go by a once per month/two months, so out of politeness, even if it's allowed more frequently, I tend to go by that.
    Oh, I was basically asking if the rules on the art site are the same as on the forums. xD On the forums you're allowed to change you name once every 30 days, I don't plan on changing my name that often...

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Taw
    I can't say for certain but I do not believe that the mainsite will operate the same way the forums do in terms of name changes. The forum benefits vs mainsite benefits of premium users differs greatly and we don't really try and link them to be similar. That being said, I am not sure what the plans are for the mainsite name change function as of right now. Perhaps Kihari can answer that better.

Weasyl
    Taelune
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    I can't say for certain but I do not believe that the mainsite will operate the same way the forums do in terms of name changes. The forum benefits vs mainsite benefits of premium users differs greatly and we don't really try and link them to be similar. That being said, I am not sure what the plans are for the mainsite name change function as of right now. Perhaps Kihari can answer that better.
    Thanks, that is good to know, and keep in mind for the future.