Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Advanced Blocking?

Advanced Blocking?

I heard you could block someone from commenting on your pages, as well as block them from even seeing your submissions. Is that just standard under the "ignore" feature, or do I have to do something else on top of that?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2

Ignoring a user accomplishes two things:

• You don't see references to them while browsing the site
    • They cannot comment on your content, follow or friend you, or send you private messages

Both are done with the same feature without any special settings.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I guess I take issue with it being called an "ignore" feature, then. "Ignore" implies a more passive function, i.e. only hiding comments from view on your end and not actually impacting the ignored user in any way. I can think of several reasons why someone would want to only passively ignore and not actively block someone.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    I agree with piņardilla, if it's a blocking feature, call it that.
    I also think it would be a good idea with a real Ignore feature... so that you passively can ignore certain peoples art on the front page, without having to block them entirely.

Agreeing with this, While it's nice to have the option to completely block someone, I'd also like a 'don't want to see their art on the main page, but don't want to deny them access to communication with me' type option too.

An artist filter so to speak.