Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Weasyl Steam group.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE

The Weasyl Steam group.

Before I take a step to do this, I wonder if any of you guys would be interested in having a Steam group to convene for video games. I understand there is a steam name trade thread, but why not a steam for the site as well? I think it'll be fun for the community at least. =)

Weasyl
    Recel
    Your avatar mesmerises me to say yes... unfair advantage! D:

Well, might end up fun or as a disaster, knowing furrys I place my bet on the later. But I am siding with that in generally everything, so, hopefully, I would be wrong.
    Aaaaaanyways. Might help making a more tight, and maybe even better community for you, so it's worth a shot in my book.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    a disaster
    :3C distasters can be fun. But yeah, it may end up fun. Worth a try.

I assume a member of Weasyl's site staff will be making it though, if they like the idea? It'd be nice if it was "official".

Strawberry Drulx StrawberryPawz's Avatar
    Weasyl
    StrawberryPawz
    there already is one called weasyl gamers
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WeasylGamers

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    :3C distasters can be fun. But yeah, it may end up fun. Worth a try.

I assume a member of Weasyl's site staff will be making it though, if they like the idea? It'd be nice if it was "official".
    I ran it past one, they didn't seem to mind. If they want to join it they'll definitely be administrators for the group. =) I hope its an idea that people would agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryPawz View Post
    there already is one called weasyl gamers
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WeasylGamers
    I saw that group, it seemed really small and a little unfriendly to some who may not identify with the furry community. I wanted to open one that would be friendly for everyone to join and possible advertisement for more people to join the Weasyl community. No offense dear. <:
    Last edited by Uini; 11-07-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'd join, only if one or more of the current Moderators or Administrators help maintain it. I prefer to stick to “Official” groups, so that I know there is a link between the gamers and the actual website, and to help maintain a positive light on the organisation.
    I don't expect the Weasyl staff to be super active, but it would be grand to have Weasyl representatives around.

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    I'd be up for it. My Steam gaming is limited to a few friends right now anyway, might be nice to have a few more people to game with.

What I've noticed when it comes to steam game groups, is that no one is really interested in playing the same games at the same times, or don't have a game that they can easily play with someone else that just happens to poke them at a time that they're wanting to play. I don't really know much more about them then that.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomnomnom View Post
    What I've noticed when it comes to steam game groups, is that no one is really interested in playing the same games at the same times, or don't have a game that they can easily play with someone else that just happens to poke them at a time that they're wanting to play. I don't really know much more about them then that.
    It'd be a cool way to add anyone you know on weasyl on steam, because all their profiles will be in there.

Strawberry Drulx StrawberryPawz's Avatar
    Weasyl
    StrawberryPawz
    Quote Originally Posted by Uini View Post
    I ran it past one, they didn't seem to mind. If they want to join it they'll definitely be administrators for the group. =) I hope its an idea that people would agree with.

I saw that group, it seemed really small and a little unfriendly to some who may not identify with the furry community. I wanted to open one that would be friendly for everyone to join and possible advertisement for more people to join the Weasyl community. No offense dear. <:
    it doesn't say anywhere that it's not open for everyone.. it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosr View Post
    I'd join, only if one or more of the current Moderators or Administrators help maintain it. I prefer to stick to “Official” groups, so that I know there is a link between the gamers and the actual website, and to help maintain a positive light on the organisation.
    I don't expect the Weasyl staff to be super active, but it would be grand to have Weasyl representatives around.

you can be an admin. and it is official, Fiz said so.