Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    Currently playing in a D&D campaign my fiance is running and waiting to see if my friends dad wants to GM a Rogue Traders or Dark Heresy game for us.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I am currently Dungeon Master for a 3.5 game of D&D as well as Game Master for a Shadowrun game.

I am honestly surprised (and disappointed) to see no other mention of Shadowrun here.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Quote Originally Posted by Telvadian Rebel View Post
    Whoo, fellow Pathfinder player! What race and class?
    Human ranger. Figured I'd play something a little grounded my first time c:

Weasyl
    nanakisan
    I still play casually some MTG. Mostly play the EDH decks these days now. Really want to get into Planeswalker games. I actually have me a Nicol Bolas Planeswalker. Really want to build a wicked deck around him.

Decks i currently run for EDH are
    Mikaeus Commander | Human/Angel deck (basically lots of life giving and ass kicking)

Lovisa Coldeyes Commander | Warrior/Barbarian/Berserker Tribals deck (Lots of fast summoning for little mana and ass loads of butt whoop. Not to mention butt loads of life scorching spells)

Currently building ...well i was building a EDH Elves deck which much to my sadness. After doing all my research and i was even gonna discuss said research with a friend. The local games place shutdown...since then i haven't really played MTG.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I'm currently reading up and preparing for a game of Iron Kingdoms that my friend just purchased. The mechanics of this game are.... unique. I'm very intrigued to see how this will all play out when we start in a few weeks.

Weasyl
    nanakisan
    Perhaps someone can help me here.

Long ago i went to a outlet center for goodwill. In one of those bins was this large hard plastic documents binder. When i opened it up. There was a plethora of books and stuff for a Space themed RPG game. I never got the games name. But from what i recall it had lots of stats for Ships etc etc. It was quite detailed. I really regret never buying it. I actually went back to see if it was still there. It wasn't. Would anyone happen to know the game? No it wasn't the Starwars RPG. That much i was certain.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I am currently Dungeon Master for a 3.5 game of D&D as well as Game Master for a Shadowrun game.

I am honestly surprised (and disappointed) to see no other mention of Shadowrun here.
    I know, right? So was I. I started playing 3rd edition years ago and now we're both playing the current one and loving it. The "splat books" really add a lot of depth, and honestly these days I can say I like the rules more than D&D 3.5 and 4th Edition (the latter can be cursed for all eternity and be swarmed non-stop by angry leper kobolds with poisoned spears).

That being said, I still love D&D 3.5. I tried the Greyhawk setting as well as the Forgotten Realms one before and found I didn't care for either of them; I'd really like to get into the Eberron setting though. Anyone here have any thoughts on that setting, by any chance? I've also (very) recently started playing the 1999 version of Vampire: the Masquerade and so far I'm really liking how the rules work (this being my very first WoD game ever). I've also dabbled in the d20 Modern system and found it alright, but since I didn't play it enough I can't give a good enough opinion of it yet.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    So far Vampire has one of the more odd systems I've ever used; The fluid changing of what is success threshold and what isn't can be a bit weird. Perhaps I'm just a bit too used to the overcomplicated system of Shadowrun I've grown to love.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    40k has gotten me into wargaming and honestly I struggle to find interest in anything else. I've tried Warhammer, Infinity and several roleplaying games like Mordheim and Pathfinder, but they're not for me. The only other tabletop game I can enjoy is DnD, and that is simply because I play the dm and thus control the majority of the plot.

Warmahordes bored me to tears, the lower costs could not make up for the sheer monotony of the game. I'll stick with 40k, it may cost more per set but since I like to take my time to make each piece a good looking table top figure I treat this as a long term hobby anyway and rarely spend more than $60 a fortnight on it on average.

Gaming aside, I do love some of the other system's miniatures, Kingdom Death and Reaper minis among my most favourites.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Love Magic: The Gathering, but I seem to have lost touch with it for a little while, due to lack of opponents. Hopefully when Born of the Gods comes out my interest will pick back up.
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"