Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Table Top, Non-Digital Gaming Discussion Thread

Discussion of Non-digital gaming and table top gaming goes here I guess.

What games are your most recently played games?

What games are you looking forward to playing?

What games do you currently own?

I've most recently played Dominion and absolutely loved it. Before that it was Merchants and Marauders and before that Small World.

I'm looking forward to grabbing more deck building type games and hopefully picking up some expansions to dominion and ascension.

As for games I own:

Ascension
    Carcassonne
    Dominion
    Struggle for Catan
    Killer Bunnies (blue box)
    Betrayal at House on the Hill (2nd Edition)
    Heroscape (1989)
    Risk (1990's)
    Red Dragon Inn

Feel free to ask me about any of the games I own and I'll give ya my opinion of them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I used to be into Warhammer 40,000 and after a few years of not being involved, I wanted to get back in again. Then I saw how Games Workshop have changed their products and pricing and even their books.

Fuck that shit.

Though I do want to get into tabletop gaming and collecting/painting/assembling and especially converting miniatures. I just don't know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I used to be into Warhammer 40,000 and after a few years of not being involved, I wanted to get back in again. Then I saw how Games Workshop have changed their products and pricing and even their books.

Fuck that shit.

Though I do want to get into tabletop gaming and collecting/painting/assembling and especially converting miniatures. I just don't know where to start.

I would suggest War Machine. it's a little bit cheaper then 40k and is one of those things that you don't have to completely spend everything you've made to get started on it. I'm not sure about the converting of units, but there's always the option to play with proxied pieces too in friendly games.

Weasyl
    meris
    Battlestar Galactica is easily the best board game I've ever played. Highly recommended.

Weasyl
    Ryunohito
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

Fuck that shit.

I REALLY agree with nomnomnom on this one, Warmachine/Hordes is hella fun, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get into, shit even the 2 player battle box is only $100 approx and comes with well over $250 worth of stuff, and smaller scale too so you don't have to lug around 200+ minis (unless you're like me and own 3 armies XD)

but another good game to try is Malifaux, small skirmish based play, you can win even if you lose all your units, very unique and memorable characters, and the twist, it uses a deck of playing cards instead of dice to actually resolve conflicts, also inexpensive to start with.

and another game to possibly check out is Infinity, which goes for a futuristic anime/cyberpunk feel, a little costly in the long run but fun mechanics (D20 system) and some pretty models too.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I should add this too, Arkham Horror, that game is a blast to play, it may be a bit pricey, but the quality definitely shows. and it's not so much a competitive as it is a co-operative effort, cause the whole time playing it? the game is out to kill you, and everyone else playing it. damn, talking about this really makes me miss my gaming days :C

I used to play D&D but haven't had anyone to play with in years.
    We do play Scrabble just about every day.

A friend of mine is trying to get me into the idea of playing Ironclaw, and gave me the books, but I'm not really sure if its going to end up happening or not because our group is so disorganized and has too much going on for itself at this point in time.

Does anyone have any experience with it that they'd like to share?

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomnomnom View Post
    A friend of mine is trying to get me into the idea of playing Ironclaw, and gave me the books, but I'm not really sure if its going to end up happening or not because our group is so disorganized and has too much going on for itself at this point in time.

Does anyone have any experience with it that they'd like to share?
    I looked into the books a while ago, after hearing about it along with a more sci-fi furry themed RPG. I've wanted to play for a while, but never really gotten a chance. That said, I love the system and the focus on creating a character as opposed to a unit. The original universe is also well set up. (Jadeclaw kinda ruined that later.)

My personal favorite table top game is Old World of Darkness. Just like with D&D though, they created a second set that made it awful. Still, the original (And the new twentieth anniversary books that take place in the old setting.) has some of the best back story for an RPG I've ever read.

Weasyl
    Kodyack
    I remember playing D&D in the Dorms back in BASIC, was pretty fun, played it a bit before too.
    But I got myself a soft spot in my heart for Catan, making a great wall of road across the map is a cathartic experience.

Um, I have Spongebob Monopoly, lol. I guess it got "lost" while moving in with my boyfriend/fiancÚ (he hates all my spongebob things and only let me keep my lamp and posters ;w;). I've been playing D&D with his friends lately, though they all hate my characters - either too dumb, evil/steals, etc. The bf has a Risk game, dunno which it is though I know it's modern (apocolpyse maybe?) but he hasn't touched it since we moved from his friends house early this year. I haven't played many games that are table top that weren't the normal family games like Monopoly, Sorry, Scrabble, and that one game with the flip up pictures and and you had to guess each others person you got from a desk of all the characters on the board (sorta like that Who Am I, game with the head bands only reverse) but that was in elementary school. owo