Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by obliviousally View Post
    Small little thing that only I may want: a 'mark forum read' button on the New Posts page?
    You can actually get this on every page, under the sub-menu's "Forum actions" drop-down.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Minor issue, but the forums UI is somewhat noscript-unfriendly.

Without noscript, the dropdown menus up top (community, forum actions, etc.) open on click. With noscript enabled, the menus drop down on mouseover, but with a small gap between the menu heading and the actual menu so that when you move the mouse to click a menu item, the menu disappears once the cursor hits the gap, making them unusable.

Using Firefox 14.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Minor issue, but the forums UI is somewhat noscript-unfriendly.

Without noscript, the dropdown menus up top (community, forum actions, etc.) open on click. With noscript enabled, the menus drop down on mouseover, but with a small gap between the menu heading and the actual menu so that when you move the mouse to click a menu item, the menu disappears once the cursor hits the gap, making them unusable.

Using Firefox 14.
    I personally don't use Firefox or NoScript - installed both and I see the problem you mentioned. Since the menus run using JavaScript and NoScript blocks that on untrusted sites, the current solution is to either whitelist Weasyl or disable NoScript on the forums at the moment.

I'll see what I can do to make a <noscript> version of the dropdowns somewhere for those using NoScript. May take a few days since I'm working on a few other things too. Thanks for reporting it though!

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    I personally don't use Firefox or NoScript - installed both and I see the problem you mentioned. Since the menus run using JavaScript and NoScript blocks that on untrusted sites, the current solution is to either whitelist Weasyl or disable NoScript on the forums at the moment.

I'll see what I can do to make a <noscript> version of the dropdowns somewhere for those using NoScript. May take a few days since I'm working on a few other things too. Thanks for reporting it though!
    Thanks. I really appreciate site admins that respect things like this. c:
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Spent a few hours fiddling with it using the noscript codes to fall back on, something keeps clashing with it, so it's a struggle.

I'll put this on the backburner for now, so unfortunately you'll just have to whitelist weasyl to get it to work, as I need to focus on some higher priority things for weasyl, such as the mobile theme soon and such. When the main site comes out you'd need to whitelist it anyways as well due to the javascript on it, so I suppose it's not a bad thing.

Sorry I can't be of more help though! @_@ Maybe when things are a lot more calmer for us and not as much coding/tweaking needs to be done I can fix it in free time for ya.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    Spent a few hours fiddling with it using the noscript codes to fall back on, something keeps clashing with it, so it's a struggle.

I'll put this on the backburner for now, so unfortunately you'll just have to whitelist weasyl to get it to work, as I need to focus on some higher priority things for weasyl, such as the mobile theme soon and such. When the main site comes out you'd need to whitelist it anyways as well due to the javascript on it, so I suppose it's not a bad thing.

Sorry I can't be of more help though! @_@ Maybe when things are a lot more calmer for us and not as much coding/tweaking needs to be done I can fix it in free time for ya.
    I did already whitelist Weasyl, because you all seem to have your heads on straight and I don't think I need to worry much about holes in your code. I just wanted to make a note of the issue since noscript is a decently popular addon. Sorry if I made you think I was waiting on a fix.
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Weasyl
    Taw
    No worries! I was curious about making it work with NoScript since a lot of my friends use it, though unfortunately I wasn't able to figure anything out that'd work without taking a lot of time to get together, so it's on my low-priority task list now. @_@

Lemme know if there's anything else you think could use some tweaking!

Weasyl
    WildOak
    The first thing I noticed is you don't have an email opt-in. I would feel better if that was part of the sign-up process.

The welcome email is good, but there's no option for "You're getting this message because someone signed up with your email; if this is not you, click here to report it." I've never had that problem myself, so I don't know how much of an issue it is. It might be like the fire extinguisher you never have to use, but makes you feel better to have it.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #39

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Quote Originally Posted by catwithpen View Post
    The first thing I noticed is you don't have an email opt-in. I would feel better if that was part of the sign-up process.

The welcome email is good, but there's no option for "You're getting this message because someone signed up with your email; if this is not you, click here to report it." I've never had that problem myself, so I don't know how much of an issue it is. It might be like the fire extinguisher you never have to use, but makes you feel better to have it.
    Alright, we enabled the e-mail verification. Though if someone did register with someone elses e-mail address that would be weird. The person could just take their account

Weasyl
    WildOak
    How long do you have to be inactive before you get logged out? and is there a way to extend the time?

I read through a couple threads, and by the time I got to the end and wrote a reply, I was logged out. Granted I'm a slow reader, but it seems like I get logged out too soon.