Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Secondly, more of a slight irritation on my part, not sure if it goes here or not, but when you check your submission messages, it feels a little strange to have to click on a separate link to be able to remove/edit the messages to clear them. I think we should be able to do that from the get go when we click on the submission messages we have. I can get over that though if its something you guys wish to keep.
    ^ this.

Also feels odd not being able to "select all" when it comes to submissions and instead you have to click each single one of them before you can "delete all selected".

Being a butt and copy-pasting what I posted in a separate thread because having just 1 main "suggestions" thread seems to be more than enough (if not easier):

- Being able to click on/be linked to my list of followers/who I'm following under "Statistics" on the Profile page. I keep wanting to click on either to see who's following me out of pure habit. Oh! And maybe align "Followers" and "Following". But this is really just me being OCD.

- Option to show who you have befriended on your profile page. Whether or not this is private or others can see it, or a simple clickable link under Statistics. I like the "+Friend" option but I don't like having to go to my Settings to find my friends list. I'd rather have it on my profile so I can easily click on their name/icon and get to their page to see if they have been updating their profile. (AND TO SHOW OFF THE COOL PEEPZ I HANG WITH).

- Is there a way to change your "Featured" image? If not, will there be? Because I find it a little "double" that this image will be just a bigger version of the most recently posted image in the list under one's icon.

- Option to search for artists who are open for Commissions/Art trades/Requests.

(pardon me if these have already been mentioned/discussed)

Quote Originally Posted by Lintu View Post
    Also feels odd not being able to "select all" when it comes to submissions and instead you have to click each single one of them before you can "delete all selected".
    Invert. Selection.

a "keep logged in" button please!

Weasyl
    Muzz
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    Invert. Selection.
    Haha yeah I'm aware of that. I think others are missing it since I guess 'select all' would be a better option rather than 'invert'. Sounds a bit weird.
    My only beef with that would be that I think those two buttons should be switched around. So that 'Invert selection' is first. I feel like I'm going back to front selecting it the other way around.

Sorry for being so nit-picky!

PS I don't know if the whole invert.selection comment was just to point it out, but it came across a little snippy/rude. Just my impression of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Haha yeah I'm aware of that. I think others are missing it since I guess 'select all' would be a better option rather than 'invert'. Sounds a bit weird.
    My only beef with that would be that I think those two buttons should be switched around. So that 'Invert selection' is first. I feel like I'm going back to front selecting it the other way around.

Sorry for being so nit-picky!

PS I don't know if the whole invert.selection comment was just to point it out, but it came across a little snippy/rude. Just my impression of it though.
    Felt like being a smarty pants, but I agree that it isn't something people normally consider when selecting things. Plus it doesn't select all when you've already started checking boxes so it's something that needs to be added onto with an actual Select All option as well as possibly an Unselect or Nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    Invert. Selection.
    Sure, but why is it "invert selection" for submissions and "select all" for the rest (comments, watchers etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lintu View Post
    Sure, but why is it "invert selection" for submissions and "select all" for the rest (comments, watchers etc)?
    I dunno, I'm not on the dev team lol. There's a lot of questions as to why this exists for this feature and why is it different for this one. But I have answer to none of these questions and am asking a few myself.

Weasyl
    Vine
    I got a suggestion.
    I like the whole commissions section thing, but it could be a little better.
    I think it'd be neat if we could provide examples for the commissions. Either in the form of a single image next to the price list for each commission option, or perhaps a link to a gallery of examples relating to each commission option.
    I mean, I suppose we could add a link to examples in the description, but it would be nice to have somethin' native I guess.
    I dunno, just throwin' that out there.

Oh, also an option to submit something but not have it show up on the front page would be nice, just in case someone wants to dump something but be considerate to others by not taking up space on the front page.

Also also, it would be nice if thumbnails didn't come out so blurry. Seems like the only way around it is to upload your own thumbnails, which is pretty inconvenient since making your own thumbnails for everything is annoying.

And a report feature would be pretty rad.
    You know, for art theft and mature art that isn't marked as mature.
    Last edited by Vine; 10-16-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Since this is sorta the mega thread of suggestions, I wanted to ask is disabling comments on submissions (all those listed under the "Sumbit" button including journals for venting purposes) something that's been suggested or being worked on? If not I think it'd be nice for those who want to avoid comments on certain submissions.

Weasyl
    Vine
    Got another suggestion.
    Turn off the tag requirement for journals?
    I mean, at least make that shit optional. I don't want to think up tags or just enter gibberish for every journal I make. I doubt people will be tag searching journals anyhow.