Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions!

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Another suggestion! (lol I'm terrible)

Subfolders for subfolders! Like, as I said I sing so I have a folder for music and a subfolder for each album, but I'd like subfolders for subfolders so I could have a subfolder for each artist I sing, and then inside of 'em subfolders for each albums!

But I can see how it'd be useful for artists too. Someone could have a folder called Art, then two subfolders called SFW and NSFW, then within NSFW, subfolders for each fetish or stuff. I mean sure, why not drop the Art folder and have two folders with one of 'em having subfolders?

Well, what if that artist also makes fursuits? He'd have the Art folder and the Fursuits folder.

Yes, I'm an organization freak xD

FOLDERCEPTION

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #102
    Weasyl
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterionBlazing View Post
    I apologize if this has been brought up, but after scratching my head over not getting submission notifications for people I follow, I only just saw that I have to edit settings for each individual person in order to view any of their updates.

Two suggestions:
    When clicking the follow button, it would be nice to be taken to a confirmation menu of some kind that would allow for setting those preferences, and then clicking to confirm the follow, or possibly even just having 'follow submissions and journals' as the default for following (this is pretty standard for other art sites).

I think having a global selection to edit follow settings for each person would be handy as well.
    Well currently, you can set default follow settings here, and tweak your follow settings for individual users here. However, I do believe a pop-up when you follow someone is intended, and the concern is understood.

has it been suggested to put a link to a commission example?

also maybe making a TOS section at the bottom of the commissions tab? default set to small font?
    1) It indeed has, and we'll look into adding it as a field.

2) You can currently add this in the Additional Information box, but it can be suggested to have that be a slightly smaller font if Aden and Kihari feel that's practical.

Also, thumbnails for folders and adding another level of folders would be good, thanks for those suggestions Ibyuuk. Additionally, being able to see followers/followees is intended to be added.

I would really like the ability to add URL links and some basic text formatting in submission & character description fields!
    I believe you can do this, the BBCode buttons just aren't there yet. If you know the code, it should be working. If not, let us know.

We already have a lot on our plate, so I'll make sure to whip the coders to look at this thread again when our "To-Do" list is much less daunting. o/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Well currently, you can set default follow settings here, and tweak your follow settings for individual users here. However, I do believe a pop-up when you follow someone is intended, and the concern is understood.
    Clicking on the default setting link provided, I see that I actually already had the ones of interest active on my account, but have never actually received any notifications. I only began to receive them after editing individual user settings. Thank you for the quick response, in any case.
    Last edited by AsterionBlazing; 10-08-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Weasyl
    Morphology
    I'd like to suggest an option to browse entries according to newest, oldest, and random. That way older submissions aren't buried under everything else, and if anything it really helps folks who are managing tags.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Not sure if it was suggested before, but how about folders for favorites? I like to keep up with resources would hate to have to dig thru unfiltered favorites to find them, Or would that be what collections are for?

Weasyl
    Muzz
    Some things I'd like to suggest! Apologies if its already been brought up though.

First of all, I'd love it if bulk-uploading was possible. Not sure if its ever been considered or might be a future thing to add, but considering we're allowed folders, I'd love to take full advantage of that by being able to post all my stuff from over the years. So being able to upload a zip file or something so that I can upload in batches, that would be really awesome.

Secondly, more of a slight irritation on my part, not sure if it goes here or not, but when you check your submission messages, it feels a little strange to have to click on a separate link to be able to remove/edit the messages to clear them. I think we should be able to do that from the get go when we click on the submission messages we have. I can get over that though if its something you guys wish to keep.

Overall, loving this site so far. You guys have done an amazing job :3

When a friend streams, it doesn't tell me but it does tell the front page. That seems a little backward. Is it possible to have more control over the streaming notification? Like if he want to just announce it to friends, all followers or on the page at large?

Edit: also it seems I can't find a reference to the ability to set my time-zone on the main site which is a little weird.
    Last edited by Samael; 10-08-2012 at 08:16 PM.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #108
    Weasyl
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
    When a friend streams, it doesn't tell me but it does tell the front page. That seems a little backward. Is it possible to have more control over the streaming notification? Like if he want to just announce it to friends, all followers or on the page at large?

Edit: also it seems I can't find a reference to the ability to set my time-zone on the main site which is a little weird.
    Users that are following an artist should be getting notifications about new streams. Are you following them and you're friends, just friends, or just following? You're right about being able to announce streams for just friends though.

As for Time Zones, yeah, that is weird. We'll make sure to get to that.

I am following and friends with them and I have nothing in my inbox it seems, though their stream appeared on the front page.

Weasyl
    Muzz
    Thought of another idea!

I don't really want to say 'this site does this thing, why don't you guys do the same' kind of suggestion. But it would help out a LOT of Artists that might want to officially migrate completely over to here from sites such as FA or even InkBunny.

InkBunny has the option where you can literally copy your entire gallery from FA over to their site. So all you'd need to do is edit the files descriptions, tags etc, and its done. It would help some out a lot who have rather full galleries and not wanting to upload everything all over again.