Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    There is a spoiler tag already See!, but I can do another for the sake of giant posts like you said. Maybe just make it simply "spoiler2". Will do that now.
    I'll also add a YouTube BB Code now, will be a simple yt for the BB code.

techworks, I'll have a site admin read your post, since I'm unsure on that.

Update:

Spoiler2 BB Code now does this

Snape kills dumbledore

yt BB Code now does this

For the YouTube BB Code you only use the last part of the URL, like the above video I only used "OPKHbp3R8sE" inside the yt BB Code
    Last edited by Eminoxic; 07-27-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Awesome! Thank you. ^_^

Weasyl
    teckworks
    Heh, that was quick work on the YT and spoiler tags. Looks good~ Oh and thanks for looking into the music uploading. Wouldn't mind posting my music on the site as well~

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Quote Originally Posted by teckworks View Post
    Heh, that was quick work on the YT and spoiler tags. Looks good~ Oh and thanks for looking into the music uploading. Wouldn't mind posting my music on the site as well~
    Oh you mean music you make? I'm 99% sure those things are being allowed, the twitter for Weasyl has the title message of "A new site for artists, writers, musicians, video creators and art ". I thought you meant copyrighted music, cause I was pretty sure that wasn't allowed.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    In the evenings, my eyes get tired and I have trouble to notice the difference between the "new post" and "no new post" buttons. Would it be possible to give the new post button a darker shade of blue or something, to make it easier?

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to add a custom title thing that'd show up above your icon?
    Last edited by Ibuuyk; 07-27-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Weasyl
    teckworks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminoxic View Post
    Oh you mean music you make? I'm 99% sure those things are being allowed, the twitter for Weasyl has the title message of "A new site for artists, writers, musicians, video creators and art ". I thought you meant copyrighted music, cause I was pretty sure that wasn't allowed.
    If you consider covers okay. I mean, I sequence old video game music with a softsynth, and I upload them. They're song ideas, but they're just rearranged and reconstructed with a different synth. Like this:

Also, on that note, I do have a suggestion for the presentation of music files. Maybe they can be presented sort of how like Newgrounds presents their music files: with a small screen that shows a vizualization of something, like equalizer bars or a spectrogram or something. Sort of like this. Yay? Nay?
    Last edited by teckworks; 07-27-2012 at 12:56 PM.

I saw this done at another forum so how about a member interview section? It would be really fun (there should be stern rules too nod) and a great way to getting to know other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
    I saw this done at another forum so how about a member interview section? It would be really fun (there should be stern rules too nod) and a great way to getting to know other members.
    Oooh second this. The forum I run has a Q&A section where people can make a thread for themselves and people ask them questions, and it's really popular and promotes a stronger community, too. :3

Weasyl
    Flareon13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Oooh second this. The forum I run has a Q&A section where people can make a thread for themselves and people ask them questions, and it's really popular and promotes a stronger community, too. :3
    I'll go ahead and third this, it could be a fun thing to do.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Isn't an "Ask me anything" sort of thing something similar to an introduction thread though? When I introduce myself I invite people to ask any questions they want to get to know my better. @_@