Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions!

Weasyl
    uropygid
    I would really like the ability to add URL links and some basic text formatting in submission & character description fields! (Such as bold, italics, underlining, possibly even strike-though and one size smaller/sub-text)

Even a system like deviantart's for links would be great (where you can't customise a link, such as posting "this is a link to Google" but rather you just enter the full URL and it displays as (link)).

I hope at some point, this site will feature a way to browse submissions based on content rating and categories and stuff. instead of all that being just under the search function. That would be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by uropygid View Post
    I would really like the ability to add URL links and some basic text formatting in submission & character description fields! (Such as bold, italics, underlining, possibly even strike-though and one size smaller/sub-text)

Even a system like deviantart's for links would be great (where you can't customise a link, such as posting "this is a link to Google" but rather you just enter the full URL and it displays as (link)).
    You can customize links on Deviant Art, they have all codes that can be used on the site listed in their Help/FAQ. They don't use BBcode like more forum and sites do but instead just use HTML so linking and adding text to the link would just be <a href="Link Here">Text Here</a>.

But yes, it would be nice to have either basic BBcode or HTML added for submissions, comments, journals, and shouts (etc). Though I'd also like the idea of having headers if HTML is used or larger sized fonts to be allowed if BBcode is used (such as Small [9px~10px], Normal [12px~14px], Large [18px~24px], X-Large[26px~30px])

Has anyone suggested that animated gif submissions show up? The ones I submitted don't until you download the file.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I haz suggestions.

On your profile, there's a way to see your friends and the people you follow, but you can't see who's following you. I know this isn't a question of privacy, since when they start following you the notifications say "[username] is following you", so why can't we see a list of who's following you?

If I flush the notification and forget the user's name, boom, I can't remember who's following me xD

Also, I still have the animated icon bug

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #96

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Also, I still have the animated icon bug
    Have you re-uploaded it?

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Have you re-uploaded it?
    I did, it works, I'm stupid :V

Also, new suggestion! I suggest making it so we can give thumbnails to folders! Like, I sing and I have a folder for each album, so I'd like to be able to give that particular folder the album's cover artwork as a thumbnail.

But I could see artists wanting to give their folders thumbnails too, like eg. someone who has a folder for NSFW stuff could add a thumbnail that says NSFW, or stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Also, new suggestion! I suggest making it so we can give thumbnails to folders! Like, I sing and I have a folder for each album, so I'd like to be able to give that particular folder the album's cover artwork as a thumbnail.

But I could see artists wanting to give their folders thumbnails too, like eg. someone who has a folder for NSFW stuff could add a thumbnail that says NSFW, or stuff.
    I second this! I would love to be able to set my folder thumbnails.

has it been suggested to put a link to a commission example?

also maybe making a TOS section at the bottom of the commissions tab? default set to small font?

I apologize if this has been brought up, but after scratching my head over not getting submission notifications for people I follow, I only just saw that I have to edit settings for each individual person in order to view any of their updates.

Two suggestions:
    When clicking the follow button, it would be nice to be taken to a confirmation menu of some kind that would allow for setting those preferences, and then clicking to confirm the follow, or possibly even just having 'follow submissions and journals' as the default for following (this is pretty standard for other art sites).

I think having a global selection to edit follow settings for each person would be handy as well.