Weasyl
    magenta

Collections Suggestion

I was just using this feature for a couple of my commissioners and I noticed a
    few downfalls, though I do love the idea in concept and the clarity of design.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but the "Collections" feature definitely has to have a request option.
    Without a request (i.e. a person seeing a gift or commission which is done for them) users will have to sit down
    and write out a private message every time they would like to add something to their collection. I think, they
    as commissioners, and I as an artist, would definitely prefer a click-and-go solution to this.

It would also be really nice if they had Collection Folders so you can group characters and 'like art' together.

I saw a few people suggest that they'd like collection folders / art to appear on their front page. I agree with this
    sentiment as long as it's a feature that can be turned off and on.

Thanks so much guys!
    Really enjoying the site so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta;13294
    I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but the [B
    "Collections" feature definitely has to have a request option.[/B]
    Without a request (i.e. a person seeing a gift or commission which is done for them) users will have to sit down
    and write out a private message every time they would like to add something to their collection. I think, they
    as commissioners, and I as an artist, would definitely prefer a click-and-go solution to this.
    Agreed! At least one artist has uploaded commission work for me, and I'd love to be able to just click a button for both our convenience.
    Icon by Lingrimm.

Weasyl
    zenia
    Yeah, I've suggested a request feature. I thought there was one already and was going bonkers trying to find it. I did end up having to PM the artist and asking them to send me a thing so I could add it to my collection.

I can imagine that some users might be dicks and overwhelm an artist with bogus requests though.

Weasyl
    taasla
    Or have the option to put collection images under a certain character profile. That would be awesome.

This, this, pleeeease this!
    - FK

Weasyl
    GingerM
    Quote Originally Posted by taasla View Post
    Or have the option to put collection images under a certain character profile. That would be awesome.
    I'd actually like a variation of that for character profiles - I'd like to be able to select either an existing item in my gallery or collections, OR upload from my hard drive.
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.

A sort of collection folder would be nice, actually. That is after having the collections added to your page you can organize them as you please.