Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Android Furs

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    I'm a deal that is probably so awesome that I wouldn't change. =3

27/month contract: Unlimited data, plus tethering, unlimited texts (not that I need unlimited, but maybe 300), 300 minutes to anyone and a free Samsung Galaxy Mini =3

A few weeks ago, after seeing dozens of furs with them, I pushed a Nexus 7 and loved it so much my new Nexus 4 arrived today! I'm over the moon but I need to cut my SIM before I can use it.

I'm using GiffGaff, and for 12 pay as you go, I get 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. :-)

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    A few weeks ago, after seeing dozens of furs with them, I pushed a Nexus 7 and loved it so much my new Nexus 4 arrived today! I'm over the moon but I need to cut my SIM before I can use it.

I'm using GiffGaff, and for 12 pay as you go, I get 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. :-)
    Though they don't allow you to tether that data, from what I believe, otherwise I would of bought another Sony Ericsson Cedar and got that sim tariff. Maybe once they allow tethering again, though I do enjoy wireless tethering...

Their definition of tethering is using more data than could physically be stored on the phone in general use, which is a really fuzzy amount but fine for internet browsing and the odd download :-)

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    What I meant by tethering is using the phone, with a cable, as a modem for an internet connection to your laptop. I done it with my old Sony Ericsson Cedar, a phone that every phone shop said that could tether, and it was great. Yeah, phone shops said I couldn't tether that phone and I did~

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryPawz View Post
    Anyone out there have an android device? It can be a tablet, phone, or player!

Also any apps recommended? [YES I KNOW THERE IS A RECOMMEND APPS THREAD, BUT THIS ONE IS ANDROID ONLY!]

I recommend tweetings for twitter

Here is a list of already recommended apps and their links for ya!

well if you must know.
    Android Jellybean 4.1.2 Rooted with CyanogenMod 10 on SamSung SPH-D700

using basic apps that came with the root kit
    apps recommended? hmm...
    AdAway - legit blocks all those ads when playing games or using other apps
    Google 2-step - authenticator
    Ingress a global game of mystery.
    Google Play Music metal up your bass
    Kies Air lets you share your device on your pc using any web browser.

there are much more to choose from. depends on whats stable and has good reviews.
    Last edited by wintergreen skunk; 01-24-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Weasyl
    Neybulot
    I'm stuck on an LG G2x with CyanogenMod 7.

At the moment, I'm waiting out the time until I can dump this poorly supported (by both T-Mobile and the dev community) thing in a few months and get a Galaxy S IV. The thing looks like it's going to be so freaking awesome.

My phones a crappy little thing without a keyboard that Im thinking about replacing. I wanna see how fast 4G is for myself.

Weasyl
    jennytablina
    I just went with a Nexus 4 this week, I've had a HTC Wildfire for the past 2 years and the Nexus blew me away, everything is so zippy and smooth!

I was going to go GiffGaff but Virgin are offering free texts and data for 10 on monthly pay as you go (and I have a friend working there that can offer me a friends and family discount) - waaay better than the crummy 21 T-Mobile were asking for. I dunno what voodoo magic Google and LG cast to sell their phone that cheap, but it's well worth saving the extra 11 I would of paid on contract

Also I thought the 10 GiffGaff Goodybag now allowed teathering? That's what the community forums were suggesting anyway

Galaxy Player 5.0 with rooted stock here. Sadly, this is 2.3.5. I... can -technically- use ICS and JB, but at the expense of camera support. (and I think sound, too, in JB's case, though this may be fixed? I'd have to try it) Kind of a deal breaker for me. ICS was nice on it, but I was loaned a Galaxy S III at the time so I wasn't really hampered by the non-functional camera. As soon as I gave it back, Gingerbread went right back on it. If you don't use the camera at all, though, it's worth the upgrade.

There's also a Nook Tablet here running CM10. Pretty decent experience!

Also re: Tiny Tower on Galaxy Player 5.0 from earlier in the thread: It will actually work under CM9. I don't know -why- it can't be run on stock, considering I remember it possibly working on the Nook under CM7? bleh.