Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Android Furs

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    I have Samsung Galaxy S2 with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.1.1, loaded with CyanogenMod 9 ROM with root.

I find it terrible sometimes sometimes there's certain app I want to get but it's not available for my device because it doesn't support it. Also have that another annoyance with CM9 I'm currently running, it's unable to read contacts off my SIM card properly despite trying many work arounds… actually for quite some time now I've been trying to figure out how to restore the phone to it's original stock ROM for Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.1.1, cuz there's quite alot of features on there that I liked before changing to CM9 ROM.

the stock ROM had features like Call Blocking/Blacklist which is really useful, cuz from time to time I get those annoying calls I don't want. >.< Plus it's able to read my SIM Card properly and show all the available contacts that are on the SIM Card.

I may decide to swap out and get a Nexus 7 or something someday to replace this Galaxy S2.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 'Hercules' running Android 4.2.2 with CM10.1

Quote Originally Posted by ShadWolf View Post
    for quite some time now I've been trying to figure out how to restore the phone to it's original stock ROM for Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.1.1, cuz there's quite alot of features on there that I liked before changing to CM9 ROM.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/ should almost certainly have the stock ROM for your phone and instructions on flashing it. The version you find is irrelevant since you can always update it to the latest stock version via Kies. In the future you should always create a backup before rooting or flashing a new ROM.

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 'Hercules' running Android 4.2.2 with CM10.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/ should almost certainly have the stock ROM for your phone and instructions on flashing it. The version you find is irrelevant since you can always update it to the latest stock version via Kies. In the future you should always create a backup before rooting or flashing a new ROM.
    I did create a backup of my previous ROM… or at least I thought I did… I used Titanium Backup and ROM Manager to backup the current existing ROM before installing CM9, but they obviously didn't work. >.>

Been trying to look for the stock ROM that's already been rooted, cuz I had few implications with not being able to install root, hence part of why I shifted to CM9 because the current root installers didn't work properly cuz BusyBox kept returning errors that it didn't install correctly and to try a different version, but it was like that for every version I tried that didn't work.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Titanium Backup is for backing up apps and data. ROM backups have to happen through recovery. I you give me your device model, e.g. SGH-1777, I can probably find some proper instructions on returning to stock and rooting.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    Samsung Captivate running Slimbean 4.2.1 and loving it. <3

Just wanted to pop in and recommend an app for lower-end phones like the Captivate which have such small RAM.
    Its called Greenify, its takes the apps that well, act bad, like Facebook or Google Maps and puts them into a hibernation mode, not frozen, but not active, its GREAT. This does wonders to my phone, I've got all these misbehaving apps finally under control and my phone is lighting fast because of it. Best part? (Yes it gets better) Its free. FREE!

No more envy of your friend's iPhone which never become slow and battery hungry after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your Android device can also run almost as smooth and lasting as the first day you have it!
    Greenify help you identify and put the bad behaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, stop them from battery leeching, memory hogging and stealthy running, in an elegant and unique way! They could do nothing without your explicit launch, while still have full functionality when running in foreground. Like what iOS apps act!
    Greenify on Playstore
    Greenify on XDA

ALSO, a battery recommendation for Captivate users!
    RAV Power Batteries

Its a great deal for a 1800mA battery, the universal charger works great too, you can stick pretty much any cell phone battery into it for charging AND its got a side USB port and I do believe it acts as an external charger for on the go charging.
    Last edited by athdaraxen; 02-26-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: I forgot something!

Weasyl
    Dark
    Got an S2 HD with ICS. Sucks because the upgrade broke SoftAP. :<
    Meanwhile, in #CoE...

[20:12:26] <+Dark> "He's dead, Jim."
    [20:14:11] <Nate|phone> My name's not Jim
    [20:14:20] <Nate|phone> And Starr's not a guy
    [20:15:18] <Nate|phone> ...
    [20:17:20] <+Cerberus> And Shadow's not a callgirl.
    [20:17:52] <+Dark> LOL

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    Titanium Backup is for backing up apps and data. ROM backups have to happen through recovery. I you give me your device model, e.g. SGH-1777, I can probably find some proper instructions on returning to stock and rooting.
    my current model of Samsung Galaxy S2 is the GT–I9100, and it's non-carrier locked, I never bothered buying those silly little contract phones as I usually go Pay-As-You-Go cuz it's cheaper. If you're able to find stock ROM that's all ready got root ready that should do fine I think, I've not had any luck finding it though.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadWolf View Post
    my current model of Samsung Galaxy S2 is the GT–I9100, and it's non-carrier locked, I never bothered buying those silly little contract phones as I usually go Pay-As-You-Go cuz it's cheaper. If you're able to find stock ROM that's all ready got root ready that should do fine I think, I've not had any luck finding it though.
    If you still want root then the easiest option is probably to find a minimally altered ROM and simply flash it. Otherwise you're going to have to deal with configuring and rooting a downloaded stock ROM. I'd recommend such a ROM but your model has so damn many across equally numerous device variants that I wouldn't know where to start.

If you want to flash and root a stock firmware you probably want to look over some of these links:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746794
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1544487