Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    I stopped buying cards years ago, but I still like to play. The power climb in the sets that have come out since I stopped buying makes it tough though. Literally everything I see other players drop these days seems absurdly broken to me.
    Yeah. Standard today is mostly played on the strength of individual cards, rather than any working combo. The only thing I've seen recently that suggests new combo workings is perhaps a new defender deck thanks to a few cards that build off of having a ton of defenders out. Other than that, it's mostly built around the best single cards and making them work.

@RMC
    Jhoira is a fun route with that, as is anything with suspend. I'm working off a Chronozoa/Cryptoplasm combo, though. Making a swarm of creatures who can turn into any other creature on the battlefield is a ton of fun. I'm gone with green as a secondary color to make use of some fungus for early game, as well as a few populate cards for good measure. X3

Gonna say I have mixed feelings on if I'm really intersted in playing this game anymore or not. I mean, its a great game, don't get me wrong, but there's something about the whole having to pay constantly to improve your decks and stay tournament legal is something that I'm really just not interested in doing anymore. I will however from time to time hop on Cockatrice and play a game or two with friends from the internet, specifically another forum for furries, lol.

Weasyl
    RMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsyk View Post
    @RMC
    Jhoira is a fun route with that, as is anything with suspend. I'm working off a Chronozoa/Cryptoplasm combo, though. Making a swarm of creatures who can turn into any other creature on the battlefield is a ton of fun. I'm gone with green as a secondary color to make use of some fungus for early game, as well as a few populate cards for good measure. X3
    Neat-o! I actually didn't know that combo existed at all. This game makes me learn new things everyday.

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Neat-o! I actually didn't know that combo existed at all. This game makes me learn new things everyday.
    I was pleased to find out it worked, after I had the initial idea. Cryptoplasm is a wonderfully versatile card anyway.
    To my surprise, I actually really like the current scene for standard. Return to Ravnica has great flavor anyway, and with the arrival of some of the more combo-centric cards I'm finally starting to see some more interesting things show up. Granted, the simple populate swarm deck is one I've seen too many times already, but there's some interesting stuff happening. Enough that I've actually made my first standard deck in a while, based around the Izzet guild cards.

Weasyl
    kaluna
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Neat! I started about 3 years ago. I haven't been able to put the game down since.

Do you generally play with friends or do you play in tournaments and the like?
    Only with friends. I have a really good circle of magic playing friends. We all play with some decent house rules like one that makes sure no one has too little mana, and like not holding someone to a stupid attack when they didn't realize you have a 1/4 blocker not a 1/1 or something

I've only recently been introduced to MtG, and I must say I do enjoy it! It was my boyfriend who got me into it. I have a question, what might be some good MtG merch to buy for him? I've seen very little in the ways of MtG goodies to buy other than the cards themselves. I've seen a few t-shirts ("I'd tap that") here or there, is that about all there is?

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Casual player here. I kinda have 'phases', about once a year, where I get really into it and then move onto other things.

But yeah, I just play with friends and don't bother keeping current. MtG moves so fast nowadays and I don't really have any desire to 'keep up with the Joneses'. Got about 15 decks though! My favorite one to play with is a giant stack that I just dumped all my badass artifacts into.

\Also, booster drafts are crazy fun

Weasyl
    KaneQuicktail
    I've been playing for quite some time then was on hiatus for a while. Got back into it heavily this past year and I'm starting to build a Legacy deck and want to enter in an actual tournament. It's an eldrazi deck that you can see here, and it's shaping up to be pretty good. I don't expect it to win first place, but you never know.

I also play Modern, but my Modern deck is an experiment.

And on the side I enjoy playing EDH:Commander but it's tough to find other people that play it also. I call it Zombie Apocalypse, and you can guess why.

Past decks I've played were a blue mill deck, green weenie, red burn, red goblin deck, an Ally deck (which flopped completely), and probably some others I don't remember.

Weasyl
    nanakisan
    Love the game. But since the closing of the game store. Well...no way to play now. damn, i really loved playing my EDH decks. I am wondering. anyone got suggestions for the Nicol Bolas Planeswalker deck wise? I love being a devious bastard with cards like him.

Weasyl
    RMC
    To necro the crap out of this thread because it's my thread and that's how im gonna play it. B)

I'm going to inform everyone that i'll be going to the modern Grand Prix in March in Virginia.

If anyone else is going please let me know! I'd love to meet you and possibly jam some games!