Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you watch?

i watch people with styles that i'd like to pick up.

really good cartoonish anatomy, grungy colors, painterly style, sketchy lines, creative monsters, cute dogs, detailed outfits, hipster crap, well drawn hands and paws, funny things, excellent fursuits, and big snuggly cocks
    Last edited by chewycuticle; 11-03-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I watch friends, people whose art I simply like, those with distinctive styles, or they have a particular theme/character/subject that I like, that they draw often.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    When I give a watch, the person either has:

• Art with very good lineart/color/spec fx techniques or a nice style that catches my eye.
    • Content, in my case particularly asian soldiers/uniforms, WWII shit, etc.
    • Some variety and experimentation. (you know, same character, no variety of content, etc)
    • Another thing is a good personality. They can be amazing at art/have good content, but if they're pricks, got a bad rap or are dramawhores I steer clear for sanity.
    • Music: If it's awesome stuff and the person put a lot of effort into doing something more original than remix, it's good. C:
    • In writing, I'm picky with grammar, as well as story content and that everything connects right. Otherwise, no watch, no favorite. They can't just do something like, "Even though he loved his nemesis' girlfriend, he killed her instead of his nemesis rather than steal her and kill him." What?

Or sometimes, they're just a good bro with decent work. c:

If they have an art style that captures my attention, there's a good chance I'll watch owo

Generally I like the style a person draws in. I will normally watch a person if their style is something I aspire to be like. Other times it's content of their art. If what they draw falls in line with what I like. Then there are times I will randomly watch someone because of a mood I am in and their art speaks to me then.

Weasyl
    Ley
    I personally enjoy watching different sorts of artists- traditional, musical, digital, and so on.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I don't really have a standard. I appreciate very many types of art. If I like the style or the way an artist draws a certain thing, I +watch. Sometimes I admit to losing interest and I clean out my watch lists from time to time, but that isn't very common.

Weasyl
    Recel
    To me every artist would be worth watching. Someone has to draw really bad, and uninteresting to not be worth following... like me! :V Tho I only follow a few. Those who drew something that inspired me to draw something. Gave a good idea. Or simply "drawn me to the picture".

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    Bearing in mind, I'm only really speaking about drawn media (and to a lesser degree, photography), I've broadly kept an eye on people if I like their subject matter and they handle it well (like the angle they tackled, or the brush/pencil-work technique used to define form, etc) - it's great using a visual cue from them if they accomplished something that I'm struggling with!

Weasyl
    oly
    when I want to see what a person will post in the future.

doesn't have to be good art, just has to intrigue me.