Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Browsers Won't Load (Some) Images Completely

So for awhile now I've been having this issue on multiple sites, throughout all the browsers I currently have installed (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer). Images will either load partially (only having a portion of the image load or not at all) or it'd load the whole image but it'd possibly be discolored and cut into pieces and overlapped on one another. This is a fairly new and homemade laptop (parts were bought online and put together by my fiance) and I've had my firewall, anti-virus, and all that jazz installed since day one and do routine check-ups, cache clearing, and defragmenting.

As my boyfriend explains it either the images are non existent or has no data being read thus the size is 0.00KB or it gathers too much data and the size can double past the actual images size. I've changed to the Windows Firewall, restarted my computer, updated drivers and java, as well as various other tasks that the internet has suggested but nothing is solving this issue. Here are my specs if needed:

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA (LGA1155)
    Graphics
    DELL ST2421L (1920x1080@60Hz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Hard Drives
    932GB Volume0 (RAID)
    Optical Drives
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST c
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST c
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

try updating the browsers and getting some of the latest updates for your NIC it may make a world of difference. Also the usual cache clearing helps as well.

Yeah I mentioned I do a routine of clearing my cache (browser, temp file, etc) as well as running the defrag program :P
    I'll see if FF has done any more updates, though I doubt it since it's automatic as far as settings go.

- - - Updated - - -

Also appears that all devices listed under Network Adapter are all Up-To-Date, I'll search to see if this s true (as I don't trust Device Manager when it comes to updating) and update to see if anything has changed!

- - - Updated - - -

So I updated all my browsers, and the NIC driver, I've rebooted my PC and checked out a few images I was having issues viewing before and nothing is messing up so far. :D

- - - Updated - - -

And now my hopes and dreams have been crushed... about an hour or so ago images started corrupting on load again :<
    Last edited by RadioCatastrophe; 10-25-2012 at 03:42 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Taw
    I could be that the index.dat file may be corrupt or broken.

Try downloading CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) and running it and then restarting after it finishes checking and cleaning up your files. May solve it.

Hope it helps/works!

I already have CCleaner, as well as Piriforms Defrag program. I've used both, though, I must say the image corruption doesn't happen as often as it did when I used Firefox.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Is hardware acceleration enabled? If so, try turning it off. If it's off, perhaps turn it on..?

Just an idea, not too sure at this point what it could be.

My version of NVIDIA graphics card does not support it and thus I cannot change it. D:

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Are you trying to change your nvidia settings for that, or were you trying to change the browser's settings for it?

Was trying to change the settings through my Control Panel, looking into how to change it for Opera

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Let me know if it changes anything!

(I think the instructions are to type opera:config#hardware%20acceleration into your address bar in Opera and setting it to 0)