Folder Suggestion

I had a minor suggestion for the folder system. I don't know if it's going to be implemented or not in the future anyways, but I was gonna say something anything.

I noticed that there's no way to link an image to multiple folders. So I was thinking maybe there should be a way to 'tag' or link a picture to a separate folder from it's main one, so it shows up in both folders but it's only actually posted once. As I said, don't know if it's gonna be put in later anyways but thought it might be nice. Since I have a few pictures that fit into multiple folders, since I am sorting them by character. So if two of the characters are in one picture, then I can only post it in a single folder.

Minor addition here, Was also thinking that maybe all the items in a sub-folder would show up in the main folder, so you click on a character name, and it shows all the art, then you can click on the sub folders and it'd open just those pictures accordingly.

So that's really he only thing that's bugging me, because I like organization. XD So hoping it's put in later. I know it's a beta but it's just a suggestion and stuff.
    Last edited by Dako; 10-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Weasyl
    Torias

Agreed

This is exactly what I was thinking about when I encountered the folder system! Sure, you're able to create folders within folders, but that is still a pretty rigid way to organize things, especially considering you're trying to locate a single submission in one place that it should fit best.

Tag pooling is the way to go, I think. It's the way that Tumblr blogs are organized: You can search one tag within your blog, or multiple tags, and everything that you've posted with the tags will show up. It's a convenient and easy way to organize.

Though whether this function will work in conjunction with the descriptive tags of the pictures or apart from it, I'm not sure. If it's implemented, I'm hoping that it functions apart from it, so I can tag my own categories onto them for my personal page organization--and at the same time, keep the submission tags separate so that people can find my submissions in searches.

The folder system is still pretty good, but I do agree with the idea of tags.

Weasyl
    Temrin
    the adding to multiple folders is listed on the common suggested list : ) ( http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/s...ggestions-List )

Whilst on the topic of folders, would it be possible to selectively watch certain folders an artist has or, at least, to selectively ignore updates from other folders?

Weasyl
    oly
    Quote Originally Posted by Torias View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking about when I encountered the folder system! Sure, you're able to create folders within folders, but that is still a pretty rigid way to organize things, especially considering you're trying to locate a single submission in one place that it should fit best.

Tag pooling is the way to go, I think. It's the way that Tumblr blogs are organized: You can search one tag within your blog, or multiple tags, and everything that you've posted with the tags will show up. It's a convenient and easy way to organize.

Though whether this function will work in conjunction with the descriptive tags of the pictures or apart from it, I'm not sure. If it's implemented, I'm hoping that it functions apart from it, so I can tag my own categories onto them for my personal page organization--and at the same time, keep the submission tags separate so that people can find my submissions in searches.

The folder system is still pretty good, but I do agree with the idea of tags.
    whut
    any time i've tried to search more than one tag on tumblr it has not worked
    in fact that's one of my biggest complaints about tumblr...
    how do you do this?

oh unless you mean it only works on blogs, and not on the main site tag search?

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    whut
    any time i've tried to search more than one tag on tumblr it has not worked
    in fact that's one of my biggest complaints about tumblr...
    how do you do this?

oh unless you mean it only works on blogs, and not on the main site tag search?
    Pretty sure they mean Mass Post Editor, which allows you to search through your own personal posts and tags by adding or subtracting keywords from the search field.