Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ratings

Weasyl
    Rhazafax
    I'm personally interested to see how the ratings get adjusted. A listing of what subjects do and do not fit within the 'mature' category would be most helpful.

While I believe that the male and female bodies are nothing to get up in arms about, that may not be true for someone else. There are many people - many factions of people, even - who believe that viewing the naked human/anthropomorphized body is offensive to their delicate sensibilities (and I'm not actually being a sarcastic twit here, I'm being genuine). Though, I should think that anyone enabling their account for mature and adult content would, presumably, understand that they would then be able to see such content. The onus is on the individual to decide whether or not to enable their account to see mature or adult material. Perhaps, in light of this discussion, it might be a good idea to accept a poll from the userbase and allow them to help set guidelines for what is mature and what is adult? If the majority believe that female nipples and male sheath/flacid genitalia is 'adult', that might help set the tone for what the other subjects could be viewed as.

You have a decent userbase now, seek their input on what ratings should consider, is my vote.

I have a question about content. One of the drawings I submitted had alcohol references in it, I set it as General because that's all it had in it. What does that actually count as? It's otherwise tame.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Have the ratings been reworked in regard to nipples? I'm trying to find an update and having no luck through the forum's search or Tumblr.

I'm asking (partially, anyway; it's been a general 'eh' I've had about the ratings for awhile) because I have a cover image for a piece in which the character's breasts are exposed. She's not focused on them, not sitting in a provocative pose, etc. so by the majority of standards, it falls into "artistic nudity." Basically it's no worse than what you would find in a National Geographic or a figure drawing course. (And it honestly feels a bit odd to pause about bare nipples with a piece that has weapons of mass destruction and talking corpses, haha.)
    Icon by Lingrimm.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #34

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    Have the ratings been reworked in regard to nipples? I'm trying to find an update and having no luck through the forum's search or Tumblr.

I'm asking (partially, anyway; it's been a general 'eh' I've had about the ratings for awhile) because I have a cover image for a piece in which the character's breasts are exposed. She's not focused on them, not sitting in a provocative pose, etc. so by the majority of standards, it falls into "artistic nudity." Basically it's no worse than what you would find in a National Geographic or a figure drawing course. (And it honestly feels a bit odd to pause about bare nipples with a piece that has weapons of mass destruction and talking corpses, haha.)
    As of right now the ratings have not yet been reworked, exposed female nipples are still considered 18+ content.
    This is not to say that the feedback has fallen on deaf ears. We are working on a more dynamic solution that takes the artists views into account, but this requires coding time, which is why there has been a pause. Sorry for the inconvenience.