Weasyl
    Ryunohito

Help with Bamboo and SAI?

First, I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread for it, but technology, I'm having an issue with technology, figure it's the right place :p
    ANYWAY
    So, I have a Bamboo Capture, and for some odd reason the pressure sensitivity doesn't work in SAI, but it DOES work in programs like photoshop and even opencanvas.
    I'm wondering if anyone else has/had this problem and if anyone might be able to help me with the issue

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I don't have experience with SAI or the Bamboo, but since the Bamboo is Wacom, I'd recommend downloading a new driver for it- http://www.wacom.com/en/support/drivers

And check if you have the proper settings for it in SAI, I know Photoshop needs to have pen pressure specifically turned on. Is it the same for SAI?

Weasyl
    Ryunohito
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I don't have experience with SAI or the Bamboo, but since the Bamboo is Wacom, I'd recommend downloading a new driver for it- http://www.wacom.com/en/support/drivers

And check if you have the proper settings for it in SAI, I know Photoshop needs to have pen pressure specifically turned on. Is it the same for SAI?
    there are settings in SAI for tablets, which is on, and the latest driver for the create seems to be the first one that comes in the install disk, which doesn't seem too surprising, the Bamboo Capture is fairly new. Which makes me believe the issue i'm having is just due to the tablet being so new

Weasyl
    meris
    Did you have a tablet before this one? SAI gets grouchy about that. Reinstall the tablet drivers and SAI, should fix it.

Weasyl
    Ryunohito
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Did you have a tablet before this one? SAI gets grouchy about that. Reinstall the tablet drivers and SAI, should fix it.
    yeah, i used to use an intuos 3 on this comp. maybe removing those would help too?

Weasyl
    meris
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunohito View Post
    yeah, i used to use an intuos 3 on this comp. maybe removing those would help too?
    Yep, completely uninstall everything with "Wacom" in the name, then reinstall your current tablet drivers. That should fix it.

Lol silly boy bamboobs are animals not techonology!

Weasyl
    Ryunohito
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Yep, completely uninstall everything with "Wacom" in the name, then reinstall your current tablet drivers. That should fix it.
    yep, that did the trick, and the single touch functionality is working now too

Weasyl
    meris
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunohito View Post
    yep, that did the trick, and the single touch functionality is working now too
    You're welcome! I had the same thing happen when I bought a Bamboo to replace my Genius.

Weasyl
    doornob
    I know this has already been solved but I also had this issue and all I needed to do was open the Tablet Preference File Utility and hit the Remove My Preference File. Pressure in Sai worked like a charm after I did that <3