Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    Ceowolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I'll try getting the main list in the original post updated soon with some of the suggestions that I've seen a lot. So far off the top of my head
    just gonna toss these up here since i see a few of the ones earlier mentioned an a few missed

-profile optional setting to link to a character
    -events / calender (find out what conventions or things your favorite artist, friends, etc is going to!)
    -email notifications and options
    -sfw mode button
    -remove your own work from the blocked tags
    -easier way to remove/delete tag filters
    -back to gallery button
    -contact information for other sites, messengers, and screen names
    -top rated/most faved on the front page of weasyl
    -favorite tags (stuff you always use so you dont have to type them in every time you submit something)
    -option to allow or disable guest access (block non users from viewing your submissions)
    -option to have users be able to edit your tags be optional, or make it so they can suggest tags and you can approve them
    -send a collection notification to inform a user they can collect on a piece of artwork
    -having commission categories be drop down menus with option to expand all
    -being able to set how many open slots you have
    Durp wolf is durp!

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceowolf View Post
    -top rated/most faved on the front page of weasyl

-option to allow or disable guest access (block non users from viewing your submissions)
    I believe on tumblr we stated that we're not really looking into having a top viewed/top faved category on the front page because we don't want things to be a popularity contest. I'll probably throw it on the list reglardless.

As for disabling guest access, that would be a nice extension of the "Hide my profile from users who aren't signed in" option. I was figuring it already worked that way, but just checked and it doesn't. The more ya know.

Weasyl
    Matrices
    Hi there! I just finished enrollment in my new account today, and I've been dinking around and playing with stuff and I had several things pop out at me that I thought I would mention.

There seems to be a small bug (or non-feature?) where when a link is included in a description it stays plain text until you enclose it in url bbcode. It would be preferential for links to automatically be hyperlinked or whatever the term is.

I would like to see the option of aligning the userpage banner, mine is simple and would look best centered. Its default to align left, but the option isn't there to align right, center, or left.

I am a fursuit maker, is fursuit/costume work allowed? I love the categories so much, but its ambiguous as to which category a costume or clothing would belong. "Costume / Clothing design" would be my category suggestion if it were something permitted. To clarify, I'm not talking a photo of a fursuit I own and had a pic taken at a con. I'm talking a finished piece I am showing off to display what I made.
    Some examples, http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7163985/ http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7765367/ http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9066023/
    Sewing / Knitting is a possible appropriate category for the hoodie & the wrestling mask, but sewing/knitting seems like where I would place stuffed animals I'd made. There is so much more that goes into fursuit, clothing and costume making than simply sewing it, so I thought I would mention the suggestion.

I wish that you could browse by category. If you can, it is not clear how. I would love to just be able to browse the crafts category, for example. Is there something I am missing? Its not intuitive as a brand-new user how to do it.

Is there a way to incorporate a preview of the image uploaded in the description area? I find that I can't come up with as good of a description beforehand, and find myself editing it afterwords to include things I forgot. This is me being scatterbrained, but I know a preview of the image being uploaded would help the describing process. Let me know if you need clarification what I'm describing.

I hope these items can be considered! I will continue learning the site and see if there is anything else I can contribute to help improve the Beta.
    Last edited by Matrices; 11-02-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Added a new suggestion

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrices View Post
    I am a fursuit maker, is fursuit/costume work allowed? I love the categories so much, but its ambiguous as to which category a costume or clothing would belong. "Costume / Clothing design" would be my category suggestion if it were something permitted. To clarify, I'm not talking a photo of a fursuit I own and had a pic taken at a con. I'm talking a finished piece I am showing off to display what I made.
    Some examples, http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7163985/ http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7765367/ http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9066023/
    Sewing / Knitting is a possible appropriate category for the hoodie & the wrestling mask, but sewing/knitting seems like where I would place stuffed animals I'd made. There is so much more that goes into fursuit, clothing and costume making than simply sewing it, so I thought I would mention the suggestion.
    Fursuit and costume work are totally allowed here. Sewing and making costumes is an art as well! Though a "Costume/Clothing design" subcategory sounds like a good idea.

I wish that you could browse by category. If you can, it is not clear how. I would love to just be able to browse the crafts category, for example. Is there something I am missing? Its not intuitive as a brand-new user how to do it.
    Currently there's no real good way to browse by category. Currently you can search for a tag and you'll be brought up to a more extensive search with more options. You can use the drop down to go to whatever subcategory you want, but you need to have a search term in. This could really use some improvements but it's the best way to do it right now.

Is there a way to incorporate a preview of the image uploaded in the description area? I find that I can't come up with as good of a description beforehand, and find myself editing it afterwords to include things I forgot. This is me being scatterbrained, but I know a preview of the image being uploaded would help the describing process. Let me know if you need clarification what I'm describing.
    There isn't an image preview function. It could be nice along with a preview description function.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

In general, from just a quick look through the only obvious features that I think are necessary are a SFW option (As I can't use the site at Uni in it's current form), and the option to delete your own shouts, and shouts on your own wall.

I've managed to accidentally shout myself and it really looks a bit daft. I'm sure I'm not the only one to do so, then try to edit or delete their mistake to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrices View Post
    I would like to see the option of aligning the userpage banner, mine is simple and would look best centered. Its default to align left, but the option isn't there to align right, center, or left.
    Just throwing in a vote of support for this suggestion, or at least making it default to align center. In the event of small banners, centered banners would be way more common than left/right-aligned banners.

Weasyl
    Ceowolf
    actually one more suggestion i would like to throw in here would be that if the notification system stays relatively the same as it is, once you have deleted all of the submissions / character, whichever one you empty, it reverts back to the rest of the notifications
    Durp wolf is durp!

Weasyl
    Temrin
    @Ceowolf If it auto went back to the full list (like how DA does when you finish looking at notifications in one section) then yes yes I agree!

Weasyl
    Aelius
    I'd definitely go for the list for Submission-related ideas. I have one to add (unless it's already been suggested; I haven't noticed it yet ). Would there be any way to see full images on the Submissions section of the Message Center, rather than thumbnails? Or instead, maybe an option to see smaller, full-image previews by mousing over the thumbnails?
    Other than that, great site!

Please implement the nuke all and/or show all messages on one page w/ the delete all button. I almost don't want to check my messages because of all the back and forth clicking I have to do.