Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    SailorX2
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but maybe the ability for "image sets" as a single upload?

Lots of times I tend to do sets or series, which can be difficult to present as a single image. It's the one thing that's bothered me with DA for a while now since (especially with how they automatically deal with thumbnails) I wind up with a work that looks really wide and really thin. It's not so bad with a vertical format, but it's awful for horizontal images, and it winds up looking good only either in fullsize or I have to separate each piece which ruins the effect of the set. The entire point of some of my projects is viewing them together.

If there was a way to essentially compile them and either on the individual submission page or fullview you can go through the items (either simple scrolling on a fullview, or otherwise maybe having handy-dandy arrows to click on for the next image like the DA widgets or Carbonmade). This could also work well for things like comics, as each set could be considered a chapter. Pixiv has it's own system like this, the first image being used as the cover/thumbnail that would be clicked on for a more complete view. A little stacked paper effect differentiates their thumbnails.

On Pixiv conventional illustration sets are kept with regular submissions while manga are a separate category, like literature, for easy browsing (though the upload function is literally the same for everything image-based). On this site if these illustration sets are placed in the same area as submissions are in galleries, then if they are used for comics it would be easy to keep a series together - all the chapters in a single folder. Otherwise people would probably beg for a folder option in that category anyway.

Weasyl
    Voxascale
    Ok, here's my suggestion:

When you get multiple submissions, I think it would be a good idea for a "feed", where you can scroll through the submissions and have the artist's name, the artpiece's title, the favorite button, and a button that says "remove artwork from feed" all beneath it. Every submission that is currently in your notifications would be there and once you click "remove from feed" it dissapears from your notifications.

I also think that having an option to delete from notifications after replying feature for shouts, comments, etc. with any type of reply box.

If I can, I'll be drawing a sketch of my idea for a site visual. It won't be a "set" way I'd like it, Id just like the ideas of a scroll-able feed that can dissapear as well as a delete after replying feature.

Weasyl
    Kex
    I kind of dislike it that every upload appears in the Root folder. In my opinion, if you're uploading something to a specific folder, the option to also place the upload to Root should be.. well, optional. Using my case as an example - I'm a slow artist and I rarely upload finished artwork, so to keep active, I upload a sketch every day. However after a while, when somebody goes to my submissions, all they're going to see is a ton of sketches, which imo is unappealing.

And that's just my case, I'm sure other people would like to only show their personal favorite artwork in their Root folder.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #334
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kex View Post
    I kind of dislike it that every upload appears in the Root folder. In my opinion, if you're uploading something to a specific folder, the option to also place the upload to Root should be.. well, optional. Using my case as an example - I'm a slow artist and I rarely upload finished artwork, so to keep active, I upload a sketch every day. However after a while, when somebody goes to my submissions, all they're going to see is a ton of sketches, which imo is unappealing.

And that's just my case, I'm sure other people would like to only show their personal favorite artwork in their Root folder.
    I think an option that may interest you is to have a folder with the option "Will not appear on your profile page or your submissions page". You can submit your sketches there and your followers will still recieve notifications and people will be able to find them by clicking the folder link, but it will not appear in your "root" folder.

You can find this by clicking "settings" > "Submission Folders" and then clicking the name of a folder under "Edit Folder Options"

Weasyl
    Kex
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    I think an option that may interest you is to have a folder with the option "Will not appear on your profile page or your submissions page". You can submit your sketches there and your followers will still recieve notifications and people will be able to find them by clicking the folder link, but it will not appear in your "root" folder.

You can find this by clicking "settings" > "Submission Folders" and then clicking the name of a folder under "Edit Folder Options"
    Oh, that's perfect! I only joined a few days ago so I didn't know about this feature, thank you for telling me (:

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #336
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    Yeah, I think the folder options should really be a lot more "discoverable", because you can do some cool stuff but a lot of people don't know about them.
    tbh the whole settings interface is a bit dry in my opinion butttt there is only so much work that can get done

Weasyl
    TabithaKattoa
    Has there been a suggestion yet for folders or a way to categorize characters? I have many characters from several different communities and my own different stories that I'm a tad reluctant to upload because I'd love a way to keep them organized according to the universe or story they reside in.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by TabbieKatt View Post
    Has there been a suggestion yet for folders or a way to categorize characters? I have many characters from several different communities and my own different stories that I'm a tad reluctant to upload because I'd love a way to keep them organized according to the universe or story they reside in.
    I think it may have been suggested before, perhaps even a couple of times. I agree that this would be a very nice feature to have! I would love to be able to organize my characters by story/universe, if I could.

I would appreciate being able to create a folder for a submission while uploading said submission, as opposed to always having to do it before or after. May not happen very often, but it is quite annoying when it does.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Might there be a way to display both characters and submissions on an artist page instead of either/or? As someone who's started to do both a lot more, it'd be nice if the thumbnails for both showed up on my page at once. If it's a programming issue, is there any way to make the characters link a different color so people will be more prone to see it and click on it?

Also, I am curious about the purpose of self-views. It's sort of irksome to look back at my art to see what's gotten more popular over time only to have to try to remember how many tiimes I've looked at something and do some quick mental math. I know a few people don't really care (and honestly, I care more about comments than views) but maybe an option to turn off self-views would be nice.

Other than that, you guys are doing a great job. ^-^
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles