Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    Khato
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Submission related:

• Full view button and/or clicking image expands it
    I can't stress the importance of this one enough. I don't know why animated GIFs don't animate on the page itself, either (which I think is a related issue? It's the same "seperate page for seeing actual submission" problem). There doesn't seem to be any reason for it, the file type's the same, too. A good chunk of my work is animation, and I would really like for people to be able to see the animations I make without having to click download. Some people might even forget to click download. It's really a strange choice.

Here's a sample submission. It's nothing special, but there's something a little off about not being able to see it animate on the page.

I really like this site otherwise, it's just this one issue that's bugging me a lot.

Weasyl
    armaina
    Didn't see the list, and I didn't quite see if anyone else has mentioned this, but, it would be nice to have folders for collections. Pretty sure a large portion would want to be able to divide collections up by character names or themes.

I'd also like to echo concerns about lack of animations for gifs. I'm betting part of the problem has to do with the thumbnail creation process, and the fact that it creates a new file for the viewed image, but I'm hoping it wouldn't be too complicated for a non-oversized animated gif to still appear animated without having to download/fullview it.

I have a suggestion that I've not seen elsewhere.

On my own profile page, I can see buttons on the right just under the custom banner to "Follow Friend Message and Ignore" myself. Is it possible for these to be hidden from our own profile. What would happen if I accidently hit the "ignore" button on my own profile?

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by orangedragoness View Post
    I have a suggestion that I've not seen elsewhere.

On my own profile page, I can see buttons on the right just under the custom banner to "Follow Friend Message and Ignore" myself. Is it possible for these to be hidden from our own profile. What would happen if I accidently hit the "ignore" button on my own profile?
    Yea they need to be removed from own profiles.

Nothing happens if you hit those buttons on your page. Just says you can't ignore/follow yourself.

I'd like to reiterate the importance of allowing collcetions/characters to be visible on a person's profile page. Further, I'd like to suggest that characters be allowed to be associated with collections, folders, or submissions. In fact, if you could give character pages a unique tag, some sort of code that automatically displayed the character's name in the tags, you could use the tag system to tag characters, and then just have the associated images be anything with that tag, with veto ability given to the character owner.

Allowing people to 'request' collections and give artists a yes/no answer would also be helpful, especially when we get an eventual mass-uploader during beta, and then when it goes live, you start getting the people who commissioned the pieces getting onto the site.

Also, a 'fan-mode' and/or 'commissioner-mode' would be neat. Basically for people who don't have personal characters and largely just are in it for the community, and for people who want to show off their characters. It'd be entirely up to the person if they set those modes, but it'd allow their page to feature something else, like a larger shoutbox, or, as mentioned, character/collection pages, and would remove things like 'follow' on fan pages or 'commission status' or whatever. If it's supported by the design, then it doesn't become a negative trait in the community. After all, we can't all be artists, and we don't all have personal representation / kink characters.

Three suggestions for submissions:

1] Add a scroll bar on the description box. This way if people write a bunch--like I sometimes do--they can easily scroll down to see the bottom, and vice versa--to go back to the top--

2] Say a piece of art you worked on was recorded for a speed drawing on youtube and you wanted to link the video in the description. Instead of putting in the URL BBCode--wish their was an option to use html or BBCode since I'm way more used to html--you can just paste the link and it automatically becomes clickable

3] Add a preview button to our description, so we can check to make sure all our BBCode tags were typed correctly, instead of us clicking Continue/Save and noticing we messed up and having to go back and edit

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    • Full view button and/or clicking image expands it
    I'd suggest that an image is shown at full size right off, no reduced-size image at all.

I choose the size of my images carefully, and it's a bit of a downer to have the site show users a smaller version, so their first impression is one with loss of detail and quality. You can click "download", but how many actually do? I know I usually don't, it just doesn't seem intuitive. Maybe it's just me who thinks this is a problem, but IMO some images really suffer from the reduced size thing - e.g. this loses all its intended impact, even though it's only slightly smaller than the full size.

So I would appreciate a full image at first go. :3
    Last edited by Mondegreen; 11-01-2012 at 11:29 AM.

I'd really love to see a rich text editor for literary submissions or, at the very least, an option to upload other file types. I definitely don't mind a little extra work, but sometimes real life doesn't give me the time to go through a .txt and replace smart quotes / insert BBcode. :c
    Icon by Lingrimm.

Most art sites have an option in the viewing users settings to have full view as default on or off, I really want that option!

A fit screen option there would be awesome too. (shrinks it to fit within screen, doesn't scale up smaller images lol)

Weasyl
    King-Giga
    Being able to remove or change the picture on a character page. I have yet to find out how to do this other than completely deleting the submission and redoing it with a new/updated picture of the character.