Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    Velo_Artwork
    Quote Originally Posted by Sax View Post
    Yeah this. I had stopped browsing FA because it seemed like every other submission was a YCH offer or a stream notice. (hyperbole)
    *Or a sale offer or a discount or ... >.>'
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this <3

Weasyl
    FancyOwls
    A couple suggestions that I didn't see on the list 'o' suggestions.

Message Center: The ability to delete specific sections of your message center (JUST your favourites, or JUST the notifications of new journals). Having to manually check every message in order to delete it specifically is super cumbersome and I'd love to be able to just leave things I want for later (like comments) and delete things that are taking up space that have already been dealt with.

Inbox: Keeping the previous part of the note in the reply of the note. Whenever you reply to a note in the inbox it deletes all the notes that came before it, making tracking conversations really difficult. It'd be nice to have the old notes hang out in the text box for you to either select and delete or to keep so that the person you're replying to can recall what was said in their previous note. Its good for transactions and commissions especially.

I think that's it for now... keep up the good work guys!

I'm not sure if this would run afoul of privacy concerns or anything, but it would be cool to have a feature to send a text message to your phone when specific followed artists are streaming. Or perhaps simply an e-mail - my phone notifies me when I get an e-mail, and that would be suitably distant from having any "private" information like a phone number.

With FA I am constantly having to multitask between checking for stream updates for streams I want to attend (without knowing 100% for sure if the artist is even going to stream that day), and, say, watching TV/movies, playing a video game, etc. It'd be nice to just set my phone aside and listen for a DROOOOOOOIIIIID.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I really wish that "Remove All" button was further away or in another spot. I've clicked on it so many times by accident because of my touchpad/mouse.

A couple of suggestions from just using the site for a few days. I hope these aren't repeats but I didn't see them in the first page list. Some might be along the lines of "Custom ordering of folders on page" but might be more specific.

1. Add an option to put the folders section at the top of the page instead of submissions, characters, etc.
    2. Display characters and collections like folders in the folders section; i.e. with the last thumbnail. Currently it's hard to know who has any when you look at the page.
    3. Add an option to show a count within collections, or characters in the menu strip so you can see that some exist when looking at a profile.
    4. Optionally put folders above the last submission or even above the text menu instead of below.
    5. Have the ability to order parts of the page from the top down, 1 = submissions, 2 = menu strip, 3 = folders, 4 = last submission, 5 = shouts, etc.
    6. Set a max height/dimension for the last submission on the profile page; i.e. 1280 pixels, etc. That way the original can be much larger without dominating the profile if the owner wants it to.

Thanks for everything!

Last edited by PlayPossum; 01-27-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Weasyl
    Trickitt
    Just a small suggestion: I noticed that my age changed a day early (birthday is today as of midnight CST, but yesterday it had changed early) and when I looked around to make sure I had put in the right date, I noticed that I couldn't find a birthday section anywhere! It might be a good idea to list it in your profile settings, even if you're not able to change it. It's obviously saved on the site, so I don't think it would hurt to put it somewhere visible for the user too.

Weasyl
    AlexGoneLoco
    I don't see this one on the list

When you go into a category in your submission/art sections (for instance, view and manage collections) when you clear those notifications instead of saying "There are no notifications to display." it should redirect you back to the submission/art section. I hate having to click a butt load of crap just to see what's been uploaded.

Also, there should be an option to display all instead of having to go into the separate categories. I like that they exist, but it's annoying wading through them.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #249
    Hey, FancyOwls!

Message Center: The ability to delete specific sections of your message center (JUST your favourites, or JUST the notifications of new journals). Having to manually check every message in order to delete it specifically is super cumbersome and I'd love to be able to just leave things I want for later (like comments) and delete things that are taking up space that have already been dealt with.

This is oft requested, and our tracker for it is here: https://redmine.weasyl.com/issues/171

- - - Updated - - -

Hiya, Wren.

This one comes up so rarely that if someone has an issue with their birthdate (the notion being, you DID put in your correct birthdate, riiiiight? Right?) If something need be changed, we just have them email support at weasyl.com to get it fixed - which they have to do anyway to change it, as you pointed out. I'll create a Redmine suggestion for it though. It'll probably be low on the list with other issues on our plate. https://redmine.weasyl.com/issues/242
    Last edited by skylerbunny; 01-28-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Sorry if this has already been suggested but could it be asked that people lock/close their Hiring threads once they have chosen someone
    and possibly their critique threads if its about one certain image and they no longer wish to receive crit as they have completed or gone onto something new?

I see people replying to things from 03-25-2013, which is quite old, but people often click without looking at the date. i know I am guilty of this sometimes, buts its kind of a waste. Or perhaps threads could be deleted after X amount of time
    I think it may be easier if that happens rather then bumping new threads with ones that nobody cares much about anymore.

at least on my old forum, I was able to change the user permissions for certain areas, just wondering if this ability might be opened for those areas.
    Last edited by Sammacha; 01-29-2014 at 12:59 AM.