Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Quote Originally Posted by Thunper View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet! but it would be nice to have a system that asks you if you truly wish to sign in/sign out follow/unfollow friend/unfriend rather then just having to click once to do so.

This will really help those who use a itouch or any other kind of touch pad from making constant silly mistakes!
    +1 to this. In order of increasing severity/pain:
    1. For login/logout, it is a pain to re-log-in, but at least nothing worse comes of it. Even so, that's a bit 'too easy' to have happen.
    2. In the case of follow/unfollow, an accidental click can make a message appear in the followed's user's notifications (that wasn't necessary).
    3. But in the case of 'Friend', it forces said other user to actually re-friend you, thus forcing 'affirm action' for what may just be a mistake.

In these cases, but most especially the last one or last two, I could say this:

'It shouldn't be possible with one misdirected click, to do something that spams someone else's notifications inbox, or makes them have to take action to refriend you.'

Weasyl
    Muzz
    Relating to folders: I noticed that if you have a fair amount of art in one particular folder, when you click 'next' to see the rest of it, it seems to start showing you art that is contained in the next folder. So I think a little editing needs to be done where only the items in /that/ particular folder should be seen until you actually click the next folder you wish to view, rather than clicking next. The 'next' button should lead to the rest of the art relating to the folder, not all the other art elsewhere.

Just something I noticed!

Weasyl
    Temrin
    There was a thread that i cannot find now, about message center issues with the notifying numbers on the top of the page. How it was not giving the right number of comments compaired to what was actually listen in your message center, etc. (i cannt seem to find the thread :/ )

I noticed... Weirdly enough, that while you are clicking to different pages, it doesnt update the message center properly. But when you go to the home page of Weasyl, it updates properly o.O I've tested this a few times. I guess i never noticed the message center issue before because i would always have my page on the home page when i was done browsing so i could refresh and see new art coming in.

This should definitely be fixed. >.<

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Temrin View Post
    There was a thread that i cannot find now, about message center issues with the notifying numbers on the top of the page. How it was not giving the right number of comments compaired to what was actually listen in your message center, etc. (i cannt seem to find the thread :/ )

I noticed... Weirdly enough, that while you are clicking to different pages, it doesnt update the message center properly. But when you go to the home page of Weasyl, it updates properly o.O I've tested this a few times. I guess i never noticed the message center issue before because i would always have my page on the home page when i was done browsing so i could refresh and see new art coming in.

This should definitely be fixed. >.<
    This thread: http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/s...n-Icon-counter
    and this thread: http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/s...t=notification

And I really think it's an important thing to fix. It makes navigating the site and looking through my notifications a little confusing.

Weasyl
    Temrin
    Ah I was using the wrong keywords (couldnt remember the title so i didnt see these.) Thanks!

Here's a suggestion: Open the site to the publicand give "Beta Testers" beta access to new features before you implement them

there's so many people inviting other people they might as well... =_=

Weasyl
    Temrin
    Its not a bad idea really. People could use what functions are available, and have the beta testers test the stuff in progress, and have up to date postings/updates on the site and on the forums about whats being tested/progess/etc. so people can see whats happening.

Because a lot of people dont seem to realize that its still a beta and things dont all work right now.

It's mostly closed/private because they don't want to stress test the system yet, and invites are limited to 10invite per month to help this. Also it gives the system a small stress test month by month until they've reached a peak and open it to the public.

Another reason why it's in closed beta is so people don't name hog, or register just to reserve a name and possibly never use the site again, or have nothing to contribute to the site (art wise, or by letting staff know of errors). The community is also more controllable at this rate as well C:

Concerning tags! I don't think editing tags should be left open to any member of the site, because the potential for abuse it just too big. Managing the abuse of an open tagging system seems like it would become a moderating nightmare both for staff and for individual gallery owners. It also takes the control of a person's work in their own gallery out of their hands, which isn't very fair in my opinion. So a couple solutions:

Add a checkbox if you want your submission to be open to public tagging.
    Or only allow tag edits for Staff members.
    Or perhaps have a "suggested tags" feature rather than letting it be automatically added.

At the very least have a system of notification when another member changes a tag on one of my images, if it's decided to keep public tagging open with no other options.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    Along with the edit submission being able to notify followers as well as anyone who faved the piece that was updated or changed.

Edit: I noticed that you can block/filter out your own submissions, I think this should be changed to only block filtered tags for other users.
    Edit Edit: An easier way to remove/delete tag filters. Maybe double clicking them could remove them or drag-n-drop to a trash can icon or whatever.
    That's a cool idea, but I think those implementations would be impractical for this site design. Something with check boxes would be more appropriate.