Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

The ability to remove undesirable comments, with out a cluttering place holder, would be nice. I have yet to find this feature if it is already included.

I agree to this.

Weasyl
    N/A
    - Ability to delete profile comments/shouts.
    - Ability to delete submission comments.
    - Ability to disable comments on journals, page shouts, and/or submissions.

That's all I really have to suggest.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #164

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Updated list

Though do note if you are having problems with harassing comments, report them to us and we'll take care of the issue.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Updated list

Though do note if you are having problems with harassing comments, report them to us and we'll take care of the issue.
    Noted! I've not had an issue with harassing comments, there are just times I want to disable comments altogether. Bluh.
    Thank you so much for adding them to the list, though.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #166

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    Noted! I've not had an issue with harassing comments, there are just times I want to disable comments altogether. Bluh.
    Thank you so much for adding them to the list, though.
    Understood! And no problem, having comment moderation functions is a very common suggestion and I've just flat out forgotten to add it to the list.

Just a few things! Apologies if these have been suggested before.

•This is more of an aesthetic thing, but I think that the "Not your work? Click here to learn about Collections!" button could do with a redesign. Like, it could stand to be half its size and more in line with the look/feel of the rest of the site.

•The contact and social media section when you're editing your profile is pretty massive, but there doesn't seem to be a way to actually *see* this information on a user's page. Am I just missing it? If the ID section is added to user pages, maybe the links could go there?

•It'd be nice to be able to choose whether or not you get an "Are you sure?" pop up every time you clear your inbox. Or even if it functioned a little more like DA where each individual item could be deleted without having to tick a box and scroll to the bottom of the page.

•I'm not certain how easy this would be to actually implement (or if it even belongs in this thread), but maybe the character system could be expanded to a sort of 'hub' where the user could have a pool/stream of submissions featuring that character on the character's page. Maybe something like this?

Whenever the owner of that character makes a new submission or adds an item to their collection, they could have the option of tagging the character and thus automatically adding it to the pool/stream/I have no idea what it's called on the character's page.

I'm sorry if this isn't clear, I just think it'd be nice to link up the character system with the main submission/collection system.

•Browsing feels really clunky! Again, this might be an aesthetic thing, but the sections could stand to be in a vertical column format so that each section is immediately visible rather than having to scroll to get to different sections.
    +The hover-over is stylish and neat, but I feel like the information it gives you should be visible by default.
    +You should be able to go directly to a user's page by clicking on their username on/beneath the thumbnail instead of having to go through the submission.
    +It'd be nice if the "Submissions" section could lead to Visual/Literary/Multimedia subsections for easier browsing!

Weasyl
    Katida
    It seems I can't edit my profile on here for some reason, so no picture xD

But anyway! I'd like to be able to update/change my "character" pictures, like we can with the submissions.
    People constantly change up there characters at least a little, and I'd hate to delete and re-post a character with every update.

current character management options:
    Edit Character Thumbnail
    Edit Character Details
    Remove Character from Gallery

needs a "update character file"

A highly useful feature common on many other sites is displaying metadata for photos.

As someone who usually uploads photography, this feature is preferable over manually typing it all into the submission description. Some other sites like DeviantArt and Furaffinity support this feature, either by enabling it when the submission is classified as photography or when the proper metadata is detected to indicate a photo.